Battery Draining when off and disconnected from AC - Acer AN515-53-55G9

Jcsc831
Jcsc831 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2019 in Nitro Gaming
Whenever I disconnect my AC and let my laptop rest over night I wake up and it's down to 95/90% battery. I make sure it completely shuts down and do not have hibernate on, I tried a battery reset and it seems to still happen. Should I do another battery reset and then leave it plugged in for a few days? This an easy fix?  

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019
    Do you actually power off? Anyhow reset the battery meter and see if that works. Use laptop and let the battery discharge to just under 10% then recharge to 100%, repeat 2 more times.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Jcsc831

Tinkerer

I’ll try the drain the battery to 10%. When I shut down I just go to the power menu and hit shutdown. I’ve also tried the cmd command shutdown /s and it turns off.
  • andylb
    Jcsc831 said:
    I’ll try the drain the battery to 10%. When I shut down I just go to the power menu and hit shutdown. I’ve also tried the cmd command shutdown /s and it turns off.

Try the drain and recharge 3 times consecutively 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Jcsc831

Tinkerer

Tried draining the battery three times and using the battery reset on the bottom of the laptop, still having battery drain when powered off and unplugged. It doesn't drain that much only 5%-10% randomly. I know it's not that much of a drain but would like to figure out why it's draining at all powered off. I make sure it shuts down all the way as well...
  • What is your notebook model? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jcsc831

Tinkerer

515-53-55G9
  • Are there any devices connected to usb 3.0 or usb 3.1 port? This notebook allows a device to be charged to the USB 3.0 port when it is turned off.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jcsc831

Tinkerer

edited August 2019
    Just my wireless mouse receiver, I turn off my mouse once I turn off the laptop though.
  • andylb
    Jcsc831 said:
    Just my wireless mouse receiver, I turn off my mouse once I turn off the laptop though.

Read this article and work through the steps, please report back
    https://windowsreport.com/battery-drain-shutdown/

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Galkoandre
    Galkoandre Member Posts: 2 New User

In my 515 53 55g9 the keyboard does not work properly regardless of whether

new or original, the keys are confused.

the hub was replaced, the multicontroller too, it did not help

Pls help my

• Galkoandre
    Galkoandre Member Posts: 2 New User
    In my 515 53 55G9 the keyboard does not work properly regardless of whether
    new or original, the keys are confused.
     the hub was replaced, the multicontroller too, it did not help
    Pls help my ,

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer