Acer E5-575-5493 - What does Intel HD graphics 620, upto 2110 Dynamic Video Memory means???

bulsaraharshil_07
bulsaraharshil_07 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am having acer e5-575-5493 and it has intel hd graphics 620, now it is also written that upto 2110 dynamic video memory. So what does "upto 2110 dynamic video memory" means????

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good evening bulsaraharshil_07 !

First understand that processor-integrated GPUs, as in your case, do not have dedicated video memory.
    These GPUs use a buffer of their equipment's own RAM to perform their functions.
    Only off-board video cards have their own dedicated memory.
    In the case of Intel HD Graphics GPUs, this consumption is dynamic, that is, it only reaches the maximum supported when an application or request requires it.
    If your system is constantly checking that the maximum value is always 2Gb, there is possibly a configuration problem or driver error.
    Try updating the video driver cleanly and check the result.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Good evening bulsaraharshil_07 !

First understand that processor-integrated GPUs, as in your case, do not have dedicated video memory.
    These GPUs use a buffer of their equipment's own RAM to perform their functions.
    Only off-board video cards have their own dedicated memory.
    In the case of Intel HD Graphics GPUs, this consumption is dynamic, that is, it only reaches the maximum supported when an application or request requires it.
    If your system is constantly checking that the maximum value is always 2Gb, there is possibly a configuration problem or driver error.
    Try updating the video driver cleanly and check the result.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• bulsaraharshil_07
    bulsaraharshil_07 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Thank you for answering, but can you please tell me how to update the video driver cleanly and when to do it (like if there is any problem in the graphics at that time i have to do it or at any time to improve my system performance i have to do it)???
  • MaClane
    Driver updates should only be performed in cases of poor performance, errors or specific need.

To upgrade, simply go to the manufacturer's website (NVidia, Intel, AMD, etc.) and download the latest version available for your system.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™