PCIe M.2 SSD support for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-50WX

2»

Answers

• Hello @HederC_Lessa! Ideally, you create a new topic by posting the exact model of your notebook and also the problem you are trying to solve! Put a @ before my name to call me!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sayobaid
    Sayobaid Member Posts: 34 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Installed Samsung Evo970 Plus, Working like a Charm >3GBPS Speed

Thanks for your question

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

Click "Like" if my answer was just helpful 

Have a good day!  :)

• JadenChen
    JadenChen Member Posts: 2 New User
    May I know whether my nitro 5 AN515-52 (i5-8300H, 8GB RAM, GTX 1050 4GB) can use this ssd? I saw alot of post regarding whether nitro 5 support pcie or sata n I wan to get confirmation first before buying the ssd. Thank you.
    Ssd link:
    https://shopee.com.my/product/15417888/1790621361?smtt=0.0.9
  • Yes my friend @JardenChen!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ravindu12
    Ravindu12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I bought a new acer nitro 5 laptop but it had not ssd card becours i install the ssd card and set as bootable hdd but after i restart my laptop ssd is work correctly but my sata 1tb hdd was not working . (MY SSD IS Transcend PCIe SSD 110S NVMe 120GB) please help me for solve this problem. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited August 2019
    @Ravindu12 Ideally, you create a new topic by clicking ask a question. Add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ShivamChopra
    ShivamChopra Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi Splendid, 
    Did PCIe worked in ur an515-52?
    I own an An515-52-54GU and wanted to upgrade M. 2 slot with nvme ssd. 
    Pls reply. 
  • @ShivamChopra The an515-52 model accepts ssd m2 2280 sata 3, nvme gen3x4 and optane memory.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ponchocamacho
    ponchocamacho Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Can you please share me the PDF of the image?, thanks.

• We cannot publish for download.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BogdanX904
    BogdanX904 Member Posts: 51 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    splendid said:
    splendid said:
    Last week I bought Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-50WX (Johor Bahru, Malaysia) model which is equipped with 8th gen i5 8300HQ, 4GB DDR4 RAM and 1 TB hard disk, but without any SSD.

Booting and shutdown the notebook is such a painful and everytime it gulps above 3 to 4 minutes to boot up the system, since it's in hard drive obviously too slow...

I don't want to miss the hard drive's huge memory space and at the same time I need the performance. So I wants to use both hard drive and SSD simultaneously... If it supports SATA only, then no other way, have to swap the hard drive with the SATA SSD.

My question is, can this model supports PCI express M.2 SSD or not? If yes, can you please give me the correct PCI version.

Hi,
    You can install a NVMe SSD but it may work with 2 lanes enabled.
    http://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Nitro-AN515-52/83703

As per your information, I wish to opt the NVMe SSD even though the price is slightly higher than M.2 SSD for the performance aspect.

I wish Acer should provide the complete User manual (which I got earlier with my old Acer Aspire laptop, at least the online version also highly appreciated).

Thanks a lot for your detailed information.

NVMe only helps in very specific tasks and is not worth the extra money.