Static Electricity on my laptop Helios 300 PH 315 -51

sunith006
sunith006 Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am faceing vibration type of Static Electricity on my Predator Helios 300 when connected for Chargeing via adaptor. ?

Best Answer

• sunith006
    Answer ✓
    Hey .guys .i resolved the problem myself ..  tnx guys 

The  static was beacuse of  my power cable of my adapter . I did change the power cable ... And its working fine ... 

Answers

• RISHIKESH
    RISHIKESH Member Posts: 1 New User
    I HAVE ALSO THE SAME PROBLEM. IS THERE ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS ?
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    earthing problem at the electric socket (mains). get it rectified from an electrician.

or use the charger where there is proper earthing.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • sunith006
    hi the problem ,,is when i touch the tip of my laptop adaptor when connected .. i could fell the static vibration ..and if i connect it to the laptop i can fell static on laptop metal body

• Can you enter the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz. Also, as colleague dejay_tech reported, it is possible that your outlet is not properly grounded. Could you plug the notebook directly into another properly grounded socket?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sunith006
    egydiocoelho yes sure. predator PH 315 -51 .. Yes i even did plug it to other outlet ,,too ... and the thing is when i touch the tip of my laptop adaptor when connected .. i could fell the static vibration ..and if i connect it to the laptop i can fell static on laptop metal body
  • Have you checked if the problem occurs with another power adapter?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sunith006
    edited August 2019
    i did it with my friends ,,,it was alright ,,,i used for 2 min ....

is there anyway..can i discharge the static from adaptor or laptop
  • OK! Have you tried resetting the internal battery to check if the problem remains?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sunith006
    yes ,,by battery pinhole reset ..right i did it ...  but when i plug  back my adaptor to laptop . its the same problem ,, 

i thing so ,my laptop is fine ,, but when i touch the adaptor pin ,,i could fell the static on the pin itself..
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    sunith006 said:
    yes ,,by battery pinhole reset ..right i did it ...  but when i plug  back my adaptor to laptop . its the same problem ,, 

i thing so ,my laptop is fine ,, but when i touch the adaptor pin ,,i could fell the static on the pin itself..
    My issue of static electricity has been solved by clean installing Windows 10 1903 with the latest BIOS. I usually use the imperfectly-grounded outlet of my room. It used to give very minute shocks and I had made it a point to not touch the silver lining. Once I moved to other room with properly-grounded outlet and I felt no shocks there. Then, upgrading to 1903, I felt the shocks were there but occured quite rarely. Now that I have clean installed it, I have no shocks while touching the silver lining even with my feet touching the floor. I know it is an absurd reson of fix :joy:.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Can you send a picture of the part of the notebook that feels shock or static?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sunith006
    images     
  • sunith006
    Images    
  • Is your notebook under warranty? Also, I get the impression that this pin is a little crooked:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sunith006
    No .its not under warranty. ...
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019
    sunith006 said:
    No .its not under warranty. ...
    sunith006 as @egydiocoelho said above seems your pin its loose and probably half broken causing short circuiting somehow if it feels loose when you plug it in its faulty i suggest you to get new adapter and also static shocks all depends on everyone's body sensitivity some ppl are more sensible than others 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Yeah @appim. @sunith006, when you said this "i did it with my friends ,,, it was alright ,,, i used it for 2 min ....", you mean you tested with another adapter and the same problem occurred with another adapter ?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sunith006
    Answer ✓
    Hey .guys .i resolved the problem myself ..  tnx guys 

The  static was beacuse of  my power cable of my adapter . I did change the power cable ... And its working fine ... 
  • Are you referring to the power cord that can be detached or refers to the cable that is integrated with the adapter?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sunith006
    Yes bro..the power cord . i replaced it ,, with new one ,,