Acer Aspire F5-573G Intel HD 520 Graphics Display Black Screen Windows 10 1903 need help.

Pelli1_2308
Pelli1_2308 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire F5-573G-7244 Intel Core i7-6500U 2.5 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 940 MX, 8GB DDR 4 Memory, 1 TB HDD and Intel HD 520 Graphics Display.  I have done a clean install of Windows 10 1903.  All attempts to get the Intel HD Graphics Display to operate properly have failed, even with the latest Intel 26.20.100.7000 driver.  The screen goes black and all attempts regards key combinations fail to achieve a response.  The computer worked fine under Linux all hardware fully functional.  The computer is working using the Microsoft Basic Graphic Adapter.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If you can't wait for a 1903 fix or the next major release (1910, 1911???) and haven't done so already, you might try DriverBooster or similar freeware driver update tools for a compatible update. However, if it was mine, I'd run default Mint Cinnamon 19.1 that can be setup with almost the same look, feel and functionality of the last halfway decent Windows version, Win7. Armed with the latest versions of LibreOffice, WINE overlay and myriad native apps, I don't need Win10 any more. Jack E/NJ

https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

https://www.lifewire.com/free-driver-updater-tools-2619206

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Version 26.20.100.7000 is a dch driver. Although the microsft driver is installed, have you checked if the intel video driver tool is still installed? If so, try uninstalling it too.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Pelli1_2308
    Thanks JackE
    I hadn't come across this particular driver, unfortunately still the same problem.  I believe it must be to do with Windows 10 1903.  I'm considering moving back to an earlier version if there is no response from my Windows posting.
  • JackE
    >>>I have done a clean install of Windows 10 1903.>>>

Why did you install the generic version? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pelli1_2308
    Windows did an auto update that started the issue.  Tried arrange of things to fix it without success.  In the end converted to Linx Mint.  Linx Mint worked find, but thought I'd give Windows 10 1903 a second change since it had been around for a couple of months.
  • JackE
    Did you wipe the hidden factory recovery partition when you installed Mint? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pelli1_2308
    Yes factory recovery partition wiped.  Re: earlier post had in fact used Intel 21.20.16.4494 first up along with all original drivers but it caused the system to crash which is why end up looking for other drivers.

Thanks for help JackE

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    If you can't wait for a 1903 fix or the next major release (1910, 1911???) and haven't done so already, you might try DriverBooster or similar freeware driver update tools for a compatible update. However, if it was mine, I'd run default Mint Cinnamon 19.1 that can be setup with almost the same look, feel and functionality of the last halfway decent Windows version, Win7. Armed with the latest versions of LibreOffice, WINE overlay and myriad native apps, I don't need Win10 any more. Jack E/NJ

https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

https://www.lifewire.com/free-driver-updater-tools-2619206

Jack E/NJ

• Pelli1_2308
    Hi JackE
    That's what I was running and every thing worked perfectly and WINE gives you access to a few things from Windows.  Every thing is functioning with the exception of the Intel Graphics so will wait awhile.  Also will look at other possibilities as Intel Graphics works fine in Safe Mode.  But might reinstall Mint.
    Thanks for the ideas.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Version 26.20.100.7000 is a dch driver. Although the microsft driver is installed, have you checked if the intel video driver tool is still installed? If so, try uninstalling it too.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pelli1_2308
    Problem solved with a combination of driver booster and uninstalling.

Thank you
  • JackE
    Congrats. Now quickly install MintCinnamon as default dual boot before a Win10 update messes it up again.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pelli1_2308
    Spoke to soon.  Was working fine, shut down restarted and before long it start all over again.  Enough is enough have already gone back to Mint Cinnamon.  Crazy thing is have an old Acer and its handle all the changes without any problems.
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    use DDU (in safe mode) to completely remove the intel driver. reboot and let windows install the best driver for it.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • JackE
    Can you tell from ControlPanel restore point app if 1903 got back in there? You can either temporarily block it with Microsoft's show hide tool or permanently with Windows update blocker freeware. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ