Why is the Bluelight Shield turning off automatically ?helios 300 (PH315-51)

OreoPiee
OreoPiee Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2019 in Predator Laptops
Dear Acer !
I recently purchased a predator helios 300 (PH315-51) and i am so sad to see that the blue light shield keeps on turning off automatically after few intervals and  i have to turn it on always manually !
If you guys fix this issue then it would be a great help for users like me who are trying to protect their eyes from the harmful blue light emitted by those LCD screens !

Best Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Well, even previous laptop models have the same issue. Only solution is to install Intel's Generic Graphics driver.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • XdxD
    Answer ✓
    Red-Sand said:
    Well the blueshield is just a set level of the blue light reduction.. I can easily adjust Windows night light to be just about the same as blue shield and also have it scheduled to adjust with the time.

It could be that the Windows night light settings are conflicting with blueshield.
    I do believe quick access had this feature before Windows added theirs in (1709?)
    It used to work flawlessly in 1709 and if Night Sight was added in that, then there's no conflict between them. Moreover, Latest Intel Generic Display Driver solves this problem though.
  • XdxD
    edited August 2019 Answer ✓
    roddy09 said:
    I think when you gaming the bluelight shield will be turn off automatically.  I think it has nothing to do with the GeForce graphic card.  I think it depends on the game that you play.  Some games might force to close the bluelight option.
      I hope it helps.
    Well, I think the OP was saying about the times when in desktop, after turning BlueLight shield on, it would turn off after sometime even if the toggle was at on position. The newest best fix that I found was clean installing Windows 10 1903 build. Currently, all Acer Quick Access features turn on automatically after each boot. And it has never turned itself off since the time I have clean-installed it (except in games where it has to turn off but turns on again after the game is closed).

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @OreoPiee
    Acer Bluelight shield is an application that allows users to control how much blue light is used to display an image. This allows users to lower levels of blue light to lessen the negative effects of blue light exposure. You can adjust Acer Bluelight Shield settings using the Acer Quick Access application.
    So i would suggest you to check the link below and enter the SNID or the serial number of your laptop and try installing it and check.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • XdxD
    Answer ✓
    Well, even previous laptop models have the same issue. Only solution is to install Intel's Generic Graphics driver.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    OreoPiee said:
    Dear Acer !
    I recently purchased a predator helios 300 (PH315-51) and i am so sad to see that the blue light shield keeps on turning off automatically after few intervals and  i have to turn it on always manually !
    If you guys fix this issue then it would be a great help for users like me who are trying to protect their eyes from the harmful blue light emitted by those LCD screens !
    If you are on windows 10, you could try using the night mode on it to help with reduced blue light emission.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • XdxD
    sri369 said:
    OreoPiee said:
    Dear Acer !
    If you are on windows 10, you could try using the night mode on it to help with reduced blue light emission.
    I find Acer's Bluelight shield to be better than Windows' night mode.
  • XdxD
    Jack22 said:
    @OreoPiee
    Acer Bluelight shield is an application that allows users to control how much blue light is used to display an image. This allows users to lower levels of blue light to lessen the negative effects of blue light exposure. You can adjust Acer Bluelight Shield settings using the Acer Quick Access application.
    So i would suggest you to check the link below and enter the SNID or the serial number of your laptop and try installing it and check.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

That's what he is using and complaining about.
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Well the blueshield is just a set level of the blue light reduction.. I can easily adjust Windows night light to be just about the same as blue shield and also have it scheduled to adjust with the time.

It could be that the Windows night light settings are conflicting with blueshield.
    I do believe quick access had this feature before Windows added theirs in (1709?)
    - Hotel Hero
  • XdxD
    Answer ✓
    Red-Sand said:

It used to work flawlessly in 1709 and if Night Sight was added in that, then there's no conflict between them. Moreover, Latest Intel Generic Display Driver solves this problem though.
  • roddy09
    roddy09 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I think when you gaming the bluelight shield will be turn off automatically.  I think it has nothing to do with the GeForce graphic card.  I think it depends on the game that you play.  Some games might force to close the bluelight option.
      I hope it helps.
  • XdxD
    edited August 2019 Answer ✓
    roddy09 said:
      I hope it helps.
    Well, I think the OP was saying about the times when in desktop, after turning BlueLight shield on, it would turn off after sometime even if the toggle was at on position. The newest best fix that I found was clean installing Windows 10 1903 build. Currently, all Acer Quick Access features turn on automatically after each boot. And it has never turned itself off since the time I have clean-installed it (except in games where it has to turn off but turns on again after the game is closed).
  • OreoPiee
    edited August 2019
    Yes it's solved with the update. Thanks for helping me up 😊 @XdxD
  • XdxD
    edited August 2019
    @OreoPiee, has your BlueLight issue solved completely like mine?
  • OreoPiee
    edited August 2019
    I was having problem with thermals but @Red-Sand videos helped me up and it's working fine as well @XdxD
  • XdxD
    Glad to know that =)!
  • Anvar
    Anvar Member Posts: 2 New User

The problem remains unresolved...

• XdxD

Sadly yes.