Predator Helios 300 - G3-572 - My laptop is not charging after 84% and it even shutting down at 30%.

Answers

• Does not damage as the motherboard will stop supplying power to the battery when it is 100% charged.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Preadtor
    Preadtor Member Posts: 40 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    @egydiocoelho
    U have mentioned this answer for some other person....m

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Preadtor said:
    @egydiocoelho
    U have mentioned this answer for some other person....m

Read it carefully. He said that charging upto 100% will not damage your battery as at 100%, charging stops and battery is used. Later even if battery dips by some percent, say 5%, it charges again. I have been using my Predator G3-572 since December, 2017 like this with monthly discharge cycles.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Yes, it's not wrong either, as some manufacturers offer a bios function that limits the battery charge to 80%. There is a slight increase in temperature and the load slows after 80%. However, Acer does not provide this feature in bios. Note that I also said that in gamers notebooks, when the charge reaches 100%, the battery stops receiving power. In addition, gamers notebooks only achieve maximum performance when the battery is 100% charged.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Preadtor
    Ok ok.....
    As my laptop is also Acer predator helios 300 (G3-572)
    Lastly can u tell how can I use my laptop such that I will get more battery life...???
    @egydiocoelho
    @XdxD
  • XdxD
    Preadtor said:
    Ok ok.....
    As my laptop is also Acer predator helios 300 (G3-572)
    Lastly can u tell how can I use my laptop such that I will get more battery life...???
    @egydiocoelho
    @XdxD
    Use it always plugged in. Only once a month should you use/discharge it to 30% and again plug it to 100% and keep using. My battery wear of 9% after 18 months is the proof.
  • You have to understand that even if you don't use battery power, it will lose its ability to hold its charge as it gets older. My suggestion is that you use the notebook power outlet and occasionally use battery power so your cells don't get out of balance.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Preadtor
    edited August 2019
    Ok thank you...😇😇

Is battery calibration must ...for my new battery...
    @egydiocoelho

• XdxD
    Answer ✓
    Preadtor said:
    Ok thank you...😇😇

Is battery calibration must ...for my new battery...
    @egydiocoelho

Yes, it is. Calibrate it when its new, then you don't need to perform later.
  • You're welcome, my friend. Accept my answer and that of colleague xdxd who helped solve your problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    @XdxD Sometimes it is necessary to calibrate the battery even after purchase so that the battery meter in windows shows the correct charge capacity.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Preadtor
    Yesterday it's show that battery wear level is 1.3 now it's showing 1.5
  • XdxD
    @XdxD Sometimes it is necessary to calibrate the battery even after purchase so that the battery meter in windows shows the correct charge capacity.
    Got it.
  • XdxD
    Preadtor said:
    Yesterday it's show that battery wear level is 1.3 now it's showing 1.5
    Use it for a month and then report the wear level here. 
  • Preadtor
    edited August 2019
    My laptop is getting like from 100 %charge 
    to 50% the time it takes 2 hrs for just browsing.(and I kept it in low brightness and battery saver mode too)
    Is this okay....or any problem is there..???

(I didn't play any games .. ....just used for browsing and I used Microsoft word)
  • XdxD
    Preadtor said:
    My laptop is getting like from 100 %charge 
    to 50% the time it takes 2 hrs for just browsing.(and I kept it in low brightness and battery saver mode too)
    Is this okay....or any problem is there..???

(I didn't play any games .. ....just used for browsing and I used Microsoft word)
    Yup, it's OK.
  • Preadtor
    what happened is my battery wear level is showing 1.9 morning and it increased to 3.6 evening...????
    what to do..??????
    @XdxD
    @egydiocoelho
  • XdxD
    edited August 2019
    Read this once. Also, check the wear level after a month. Windows sometimes reports wrong info initially.
  • Preadtor
    Now like it's goes on increasing ....it's 4.1 now
  • XdxD
    Preadtor said:
    Now like it's goes on increasing ....it's 4.1 now
    Wait till 10%. If it happens before end of this month, get your PC checked at service center.