Windows 10 Update is stuck at Status: downloading 0%(Aspire R5-471T)

BoomerNerd
BoomerNerd Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Help please.

I have an Aspire R5-471T, BIOS version: V1:12, Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Windows asked me to update to version 1903 today.  I went to System Update, checked for updates, and I got to this point:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

After an hour without any change, I finally powered my computer off, and back on.  I have been doing this over and over again for another 2 hours, but always seem to get stuck at that same point.

I read some articles about an Intel storage driver conflict, but not sure if that applies with my machine. I did download the Intel driver updater, and the app status says:

Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology, 17.5.1.1021, installed today 8/2/2019.

I would very much like to know if I need to do something different to do this update.  Or if I need to update it at all.

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    here my friend:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BoomerNerd

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Muito obrigado!

That worked!

Answers

• Do you really need to upgrade windows? Updates often bring compatibility issues.
    Download the 1903 update here and check if there are any errors in the irst program: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BoomerNerd

Tinkerer

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work for me.  I've tried a number of other suggestions without success, too.
    I think I'll live with feature update 1803 for a while and maybe a solution will emerge down the road.
  • Have you tried restarting the windows update service?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BoomerNerd

Tinkerer

Honestly, I'm not sure.  How does one do that?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    here my friend:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BoomerNerd

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Muito obrigado!

That worked!
  • You are welcome 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer