My S-391 would not power up or charge

MKut
MKut Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I can not power up or charge my battery several days after upgrading to Windows 10 and downloaded a driver for my touchpad windows 10 version..

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi @MKut,
    Do you get a light on the unit if you connect the charger? can you see any lights on the machine like orange or blue light. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • MKut
    I do not get a charge light with a brand new cable. Is that the battery? Shouldnt the computer strat up anyway
  • christy1
    MKut said:
    I do not get a charge light with a brand new cable. Is that the battery? Shouldnt the computer strat up anyway

Try the below step.
    *Remove all the cables from the unit and put a pin inside and press and hold it for 30secs. try to charge the unit and see if you get any lights. 

Image result for battery pin hole
  • MKut
    I do not have a reset hole as pictured. There are two on the side with a picture of a battery been being inserted.however pressing a pin in any of them did not help
  • christy1
    MKut said:
    I do not have a reset hole as pictured. There are two on the side with a picture of a battery been being inserted.however pressing a pin in any of them did not help

Is the battery removable or its inbuilt. Is it under the warranty. 
  • MKut
    Not under warrany. Not sure if it is removeable or not. There is a frame. But not obvious if it can be removed.
  • christy1
    MKut said:
    Not under warrany. Not sure if it is removeable or not. There is a frame. But not obvious if it can be removed.

Removable battery for laptop. Do you have these options. 

Image result for removable battery for laptopRelated image
  • MKut
    No. I guess i will have to send it to repair. Any idea about the costs?
  • christy1
    edited July 2019
     MKut said:
    No. I guess i will have to send it to repair. Any idea about the costs?
    If its OOW then it will be the full repair cost . you can anyways check with the acer with the below link. 
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ 
  • MKut
    Thanks for your asistance.
  • christy1
    MKut said:
    Your welcome my friend. 
  • christy1
    MKut said:
    Your welcome my friend. 
  • MKut
    I bought an OEM battery and replaced it. Now tha Acer woiuld not come up at all. I am assuming that soemthing else is bad? Time to toss it away? very disappointing
  • christy1
    MKut said:
    I bought an OEM battery and replaced it. Now tha Acer woiuld not come up at all. I am assuming that soemthing else is bad? Time to toss it away? very disappointing

Is the unit not booting up? Is there any light on the side of the unit.like orange or a blue light. 
  • MKut
    Nothing. I has a short blew light before. Now I think i saw a small spark when i connected to power on tip of cable.
  • christy1
    MKut said:
    Nothing. I has a short blew light before. Now I think i saw a small spark when i connected to power on tip of cable.

Hi, i advice you not to use the power cable as you get spark on it. Check with other cable or the charger in the near by store. sometimes it can be the charger issue which can make the computer dead
  • MKut
    I wiil. However i did check with another cable before I changed the battery.
  • christy1
    MKut said:
    I wiil. However i did check with another cable before I changed the battery.

If so then its an hardware issue. You need to take it to local tech for repair or contact acer in the below link. 
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ ​ 

• MKut
    Thank you. Acer would not repair it. They said that it is too old. Not sure if it is worthwhile to repair elsewhere. Btw. It all started after upgrading to windows 10.
  • christy1
    MKut said:
    Thank you. Acer would not repair it. They said that it is too old. Not sure if it is worthwhile to repair elsewhere. Btw. It all started after upgrading to windows 10.

Check with local tech. if its costing more,then better to go for the new unit.