Acer R13 CB5-312T Chromebook Touchscreen stopped working...

JacobONugget
JacobONugget Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
    My chromebooks touchscreen stopped working. I tried hard resetting it but after that it worked for about 30 mins and stopped working again. I tried factory reset and powerwashing but still nothing worked. i also tried turning the touchscreen on and off on chrome://flags/#ash-debug-shortcuts and the touchscreen worked again for a little while but again stopped working all together. Is this a hardware problem? Is there any other things to try? could this still possibly be a software issue?

Comments

• thamahes2018
    thamahes2018 Member Posts: 174 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi JacobONugget,  Issue which you reported is the hardware issue and need to send the computer for the repair as touch sensitivity has gone bad.
  • kalynb05
    kalynb05 Member Posts: 2 New User
    How do we send in chromebook for repair
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Contact Acer support from the website that's appropriate for your locale. They will get the process going for you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kalynb05
    kalynb05 Member Posts: 2 New User
    How do I send it in if I don’t have a the box it came in
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    You can use any box that's big enough, just pack it with plenty of support. Something like crumpled newspapers or packing peanuts.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.