Microphone issues - Predator Helios 300 PH315-51

tadasmak
tadasmak Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello, as I have bought the Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51, I was really happy with the purchase, because everything was going well without any issues, until I started to game with my friends on Discord. I am using a headset, and while playing some sort of high performance demanding games, I experience a weak output of my microphone. In other words, I speak as I normally would, but my friends cannot hear me at all, or really low sounds of my voice. Sometimes it happens even when my laptop is doing nothing except running Discord and Chrome. 
I was wondering if you could help me solve this issue. My headset is put in 3,5mm jack, I am willing to try to use USB port instead, since I heard someone has done it and it worked for them.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Have you verified this link?
    Also, did you select the discord here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tadasmak
    tadasmak Member Posts: 3 New User
    Well it's not like my microphone doesn't work, it does, but it produces really low, unusual and even distorted sound unless I get abnormally close to it. 
  • Hello! Have you tried changing the sensitivity here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • r0mhaK
    r0mhaK Member Posts: 1 New User
    tadasmak said:
    Hello, as I have bought the Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51, I was really happy with the purchase, because everything was going well without any issues, until I started to game with my friends on Discord. I am using a headset, and while playing some sort of high performance demanding games, I experience a weak output of my microphone. In other words, I speak as I normally would, but my friends cannot hear me at all, or really low sounds of my voice. Sometimes it happens even when my laptop is doing nothing except running Discord and Chrome. 
    I was wondering if you could help me solve this issue. My headset is put in 3,5mm jack, I am willing to try to use USB port instead, since I heard someone has done it and it worked for them.
    Have you tried the USB alternative. I also am facing a similar problem and I want to know.
  • bmakhz
    bmakhz Member Posts: 1 New User
    tadasmak said:
    Hi im facing the exact same issue with the exact same problem. Has anyone found a solution for this?
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    bmakhz this is a dead thread i would suggest you to create a new one with your particular issue as the OP hasnt even replied for more than 2 years

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/