Webcam auto turn on while playing videos on laptop. Can anyone help? ( Predator PH315-52 )

ritu1999
ritu1999 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I'm using a predator Helios 300 ( Predator PH315-52 ). The webcam automatically turns on whenever I play a video, be it an online video or a downloaded one.
I tried changing site settings and devices settings. Not a change.

I don't want to disable my camera. I want to use my camera when I want to without going through all the settings.

please help!

Best Answer

• ritu1999

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    XdxD said:
    Try this once.
    Hey there man!! Appreciate the help but I figured it out. Waves audio software has a feature to observe the head movements to provide better surrounding sound. We have an option to disable camera tracking. I guess I'm good now. 

BTW the sound is really wierd on this laptop though. I mean I can't feel it like I do in other laptops. Do you feel the same? 

Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited July 2019
    Go to Settings - Privacy - Camera. If your app is listed, turn the slider off to prevent it from accessing camera. By the way, viewing videos doesn't trigger camera in any way. Are you sure you are not getting spied or something?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • ritu1999

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    Go to Settings - Privacy - Camera. If your app is listed, turn the slider off to prevent it from accessing camera. By the way, viewing videos doesn't trigger camera in any way. Are you sure you are not getting spied or something?

Thanks for the reply. But mine is a new laptop. just bought it today. Didn't install any software.

Still I have already tried the solution you referred to and I cannot see any change in the behavior.

Both video player and online videos when played are showing same behavior. 
    It turns on when video plays and turns off when it is paused. Don't know what the problem is but I don't think anyone's spying on me. 

• XdxD
    edited July 2019
    Which video player do you use? I never got this Webcam issue ever while playing videos both online and offline. Also do a scan with Malwarebytes.
  • ritu1999

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    Which video player do you use? I never got this Webcam issue ever while playing videos both online and offline.
    As I said, I didn't install any software. So I use 'Films and TV'. 

By the way, not just in video players, even in the Microsoft store when I play any game trailers, the camera turns on. I just can't figure it out yet.
    Any video when played on device is turning the webcam on.
  • XdxD
    edited July 2019
    Am out of solutions now. Wanna try a reset :sweat_smile:?

• ritu1999

Tinkerer

Yeah...I guess so 😂
  • XdxD
    Try this once.
  • ritu1999

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    XdxD said:
    Try this once.
    Hey there man!! Appreciate the help but I figured it out. Waves audio software has a feature to observe the head movements to provide better surrounding sound. We have an option to disable camera tracking. I guess I'm good now. 

BTW the sound is really wierd on this laptop though. I mean I can't feel it like I do in other laptops. Do you feel the same? 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    ritu1999 It had to be something software related :p accept your answer as solved so anyone who might have the same issue to find it quickly :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• XdxD
    ritu1999 said:
    XdxD said:
    Try this once.

Mine is from 2017 with Dolby Audio only. So, I can't tell about that.
  • pmash
    pmash Member Posts: 4 New User
    I think it is because of Wave Maxx application. It tries to optimally play audio based on your head position. open Wave maxx application in your laptop and go through the application. you will get the idea of it.
  • Davoncci
    Davoncci Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Yes, open Wavemaxx audio app and you can turn it off from the settings there.
  • VajjarapuHarsha
    VajjarapuHarsha Member Posts: 1 New User
    ritu1999 said:
    I'm using a predator Helios 300 ( Predator PH315-52 ). The webcam automatically turns on whenever I play a video, be it an online video or a downloaded one.
    I tried changing site settings and devices settings. Not a change.

I don't want to disable my camera. I want to use my camera when I want to without going through all the settings.

please help!
    Go to setting > Privacy > Camera > Camera access for this device off.. I had the same issue.. Initially camera access to this device was ON. You can click on that and toggle the icon to off and ur problem solved 😊. Hope this helps 😊
  • iamaniket
    iamaniket Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just disable camera tracking from wavemaxaudio app.