Unable to use bluetooth speaker( Acer CB3-131

JFH
JFH Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

My Chromebook is Bluetooth enabled and it pairs with my bluetooth speakers (Oontz Angle 3).  However, after it pairs, the sound still comes out of the laptop's internal speakers. When I go into audio settings to switch this to the bluetooth speaker, the only Output option I have is Speaker (Internal).  In other words, the computer will not let me switch even though I am paired.  

This happens with two separate speakers, so it is likely a Chromebook issue, not a bluetooth speaker issue.  What can be done to fix the problem?

I am using an Acer CB3-131 series chromebook.

Chrome OS:
Version 57.0.2987.146 (64-bit)
Platform 9202.64.0 (Official Build) stable-channel gnawty
Firmware Google_Gnawty.5216.239.34

Answers

• 12AB
    12AB Member Posts: 1 New User

I find it very hard to use bluetooth speaker Oontz Angle 3 I have to always Powerwash my computer everytime too make it work I wish I knew a better soultions!

• GeekoLUnDsOp
    GeekoLUnDsOp Member Posts: 14 New User

Having the same problem with Bose 35.  I don't really know, but it is really work well with my UE Boom.  Try to powerwashed your Ace to see if its worked.

• JFH

Tinkerer

Yes.  It works with the Oontz XL, not the Angle 3.  I have not tried powerwash, yet.  Thank you.

• JFH

Tinkerer

Thank you.  Will give it a shot.  

• JFH

Tinkerer

Powerwash did not solve the problem.  Bummer.  

• JFH

Tinkerer

tried powerwash.  that did not work.  thank you for trying to help.

• Jimita
    Jimita Member Posts: 1 New User

Did this ever get resolved? Did anyone ever give an answer? I bought my first Chromebook on May 17 - an acer 15 cb3-532 - and have had this same issue. I have never been able to get my chromebook to actually play through the BT speakers. It pairs. It says they're connected. But no sound in wireless mode. It uses / shows only the internal speakers. I can use the BT speaker in auxillary mode - which defeats the purpose of buying wireless speakers, really. I contacted google help - and they proved to be no help. 

• Geegeem
    Geegeem Member Posts: 1 New User
    Having the same problem!!!  Very frustrated at this point!!!  This is not a speaker issue because my other devices connect to it without issue!  It says its connected, it connects to the speaker because it sounds the speaker when connected but no playback of sound on the speaker.  Only sound from internal speaker with no option in volume to change it to external???  Could we please have a support response on this???
  • prometeo2008
    prometeo2008 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I use a Dell 2015 3120 Chromebook. I have exactly the same problem. Still no patch to fix this problem. After the device is paired the Bluetooth don't pay attention to it but to the unpaired existent or non-existent devices
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    If it's showing up on both the Acer and the Dell, it's most likely in the OS and in Google's lap...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hjdote
    hjdote Member Posts: 1 New User
    any advice on getting sound to come out of my bluetooth headphones after pairing them.  i now have 2 pairs to work normally and 3 that dont. ive unpaired, turned off the bluetooth, turned off the headphones, turned off the computer in different ways without any success.  is there some other way to get this resolved without resetting the laptop to new? but if i do that will everything on this laptop be erased, like pictures, documents etc.? if that happens how do i protect all i have on it from losing all forever
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    hjdote>>>how do i protect all i have on it from losing all forever>>>

You make a backup of all your pictures and documents on to a USB stick or SD card. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ