How do I get into the BIOS menu on A515-43-R19L (Aspire 5 Slim Laptop)?

AstroBike
AstroBike Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

How do I get into the BIOS menu on the A515-43-R19L (Aspire 5 Slim Laptop)? What is the key?

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    Shut the machine completely off. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AstroBike
    AstroBike Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Shut the machine completely off. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key. Jack E/NJ

Thanks much JackE. I tried DEL, ESC keys as well as F2 key, but failed to get into the BIOS menu.

Finally I figured out. Press ESC and F2 keys at the same time.

Cheers all.
  • JackE
    This is weird. Thanks for reporting this as the specs say "To activate the BIOS Utility, press F2 during POST (power-on-self-test) when the “Press <F2> to enter Setup.” message is prompted on the bottom of the screen." What do you see on the bottom of the ACER splash screen when you first boot up? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RenoRich
    RenoRich Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Windows 10 has a different method for accessing the BIOS. Acer has this: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1013015/
  • RenoRich
    RenoRich Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

As text, the steps are
    1. Navigate to settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu.
    2. Select Update & security.
    3. Select Recovery from the left menu.
    4. Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. ...
    5. Click Troubleshoot.
    6. Click Advanced options.
    7. Select UEFI Firmware Settings. ...
    8. Click Restart.

• JackE
    Yes that's only applies to fast boot. The problem is when Windows can't boot or cold boots, tapping only F2 immediately following turning the machine on should yield the BIOS setup menu. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ