Can my Acer Mixed Reality headset work with my CPU(GTX 1650 4GB

Kelasa
Kelasa Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives

I have an Acer AH101-D8EY headset. I'm trying to get it up and running. It's saying my graphics card (GTX 1650 4GB) is large enough to put it in the ' Windows Mixed Reality Ultra' category. 

Will my AH101-D8EY headset be able to work? There's an exclamation mark next to 'Graphics Card' on the requirements page, upon setup.

Thank you for your help.

Answers

• Hello! What is the exact model of your notebook? Example ph315-51! Also, have you tried upgrading the nvidia drivers?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kelasa
    edited July 2019
    I have a Boxx Apex 2 desktop. I did update the drivers. I recently purchased the graphics card specifically to use with VR devices. Is it too strong for the AH-101? Do I need to get an earlier model graphics card?
  • Here are the requirements:
    It is necessary to have a sixth generation processor!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kelasa
    I have an i7 processor. I spoke with my IT guy, who says I should be good to go as far as processor power.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    At least that was the spec I found on google on the Boxx Apex 2 model! Do you have the complete specifications of this workstation? Example: BOXX APEXX 2 2402

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kelasa
    Here's an image of the original build + the three main modifications I've made. I also replaced the boot disc.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>There's an exclamation mark next to 'Graphics Card' on the requirements page, upon setup.>>>Do I need to get an earlier model graphics card? >>>

Please show screenshot of setup page with exclamation. Do you still have the k1200 card to test? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kelasa
    Here is the exclamation. I definitely had the exclamation with the  K 1200 installed.
  • JackE
    Well, it looks like it should work at least as well as the K1200. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kelasa

The app says my graphics card is not compatible. When I look up in this chart, it says my graphics card makes my CPU compatible with Windows Mixed Reality Ultra. Does this mean the Acer AH101-D8EY headset is not compatible with Windows Mixed Reality Ultra?
  • JackE
    >>>The app says my graphics card is not compatible. >>>

The screenshot that you posted with the yellow exclamations doesn't say this. It only says some features may (or may not) be limted. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kelasa
    Thank you for your help. I will get a 1050 graphics card. I already own the headset.
  • That was not what fellow Billsey! You should get a video card that is equivalent to 1060!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Yeah, 1060, 1070, 1080, 1660, etc... I'm using a 1070 on my system.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.