ACER V3-574G-55UI Full HD 1080 Resolution

abelingaw
abelingaw Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have the ACER V3-574G-55UI laptop and I am using it for nearly 4 years already. I usually set it to Sleep mode more often than shut down when I'm not using it.

But a week ago, after I turned it on from Sleep mode, I notice that the resolution was different from what the default setting was which is 1920x1080. When I checked the display setting via Intel HD Graphics control panel, I was surprised (and disappointed) that the highest resolution available was only 1366x768 (Recommended).  Even the Advance Setting in the Display Setting no longer exist.

I uninstall and reinstalled both the Intel HD Graphics 5500 and NVIDIA GEFORCE 940M drivers (and updated) but still the problem remained.

My system info as follows:

Windows 10 Home build 15063
Intel Core i5-5200U 2.2 Ghz
*Gb RAM
DirectX version 12
Intel HD Graphics 5500 128Mb Display Memory (VRAM)
NVIDIA GEFORCE 940M with 4Gb Dedicated VRAM
1Tb HDD

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon abelingaw !

Does the problem only occur on the battery or plugged into the power outlet as well?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• abelingaw
    MaClane said:

Does the problem only occur on the battery or plugged into the power outlet as well?

Unfortunately, it occurs on both..

If I remember correctly, I connected another monitor with lower resolution (via the VGA port) before this problem started. Maybe that caused it?
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning abelingaw !

The low resolution of the output to the VGA monitor may have kept the information held in some controller.
    I suggest that you completely remove the video drivers (both Nvidia and Intel) by safe mode.
    Access the system folders (in Program Files and others) and remove all folders from Nvidia.
    Finally, make a copy of the registry for security and then remove all entries from Nvidia.
    Restart and let Windows update whatever it takes.
    Then download the latest and current drivers.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• abelingaw
    MaClane said:

Unfortunately, it occurs on both..

If I remember correctly, I connected another monitor with lower resolution (via the VGA port) before this problem started. Maybe that caused it?