Intel Optane Memory Setup on AN 515-52

abe675
abe675 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
I have an Acer Nitro AN 515-52 with Optane Memory Pre Installed (NH.Q49SI.001). Unfortunately due to some error my Windows had failed and had to be reinstalled by the Technician.
The Technician created partitions and set boot on the HDD but I feel like the Optane Memory is not being used as its intended as I can find it as Local Disk E.
How can I restore it like it used to be or make it faster. I find no Intel Memory applications installed on my device and a lot of the apps pre installed cannot be found.
Also if I want to add an SSD is the HDD to be replaced or the Optane Memory?
Thanks in advance. Any help will be much appreciated

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    Check this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023853/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html
    About ssd, you can install a ssd m2 2280 sata 3 or nvme gen3x4 of at least 512gb! But you will need to remove the optane memory!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • abe675
    abe675 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hi, Thanks for the prompt reply.
    However the link shows a guide for cases before the operating system is installed.
    I currently have Windows up and running.
    Also any precautions to be taken before playing around with this?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • It is important to note that you should change the sata mode in firmware uefi, to rst with optane!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer