Zooming how do i stop it as im moving my pointer( Chromebook 15)

theresa777
theresa777 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I have another question ok I figured how to fix the zoom amount when it zooms out when I am moving my pointer but how do I stop it from zooming as I am moving my pointer it doesn't do it all the time tho.i have an Acer Chromebook 15 laptop

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    How are you moving your pointer? There are zoom functions built into the touch pad, but I think they require two or more fingers touching. If you have one finger just touching and the other moving it might be zooming due to that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @theresa777

Make a page bigger or smaller

You can make the page you're looking at bigger or smaller, but keep other parts of your screen the same size. 

• To make the page bigger: Press Ctrl and Plus Zoom in.
    • To make the page smaller: Press Ctrl and Minus Zoom out.
    • Reset zoom: Press Ctrl + 0.

Make everything on your screen bigger or smaller

You can make everything on your screen bigger or smaller, including your row of apps and tabs, by changing your screen resolution.  

• To make your screen bigger, decrease resolution: Press Ctrl + Shift and Plus Zoom in.
    • To make your screen smaller, increase resolution: Press Ctrl + Shift and Minus Zoom out.
    • Reset resolution: Press Ctrl + Shift + 0.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • theresa777
    theresa777 Member Posts: 6 New User
    hello  I know how to make pages bigger and smaller but sometimes it zooms when I'm moving the pointer how do I stop it from sometimes  zooming when I move the pointer 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    How are you moving your pointer? There are zoom functions built into the touch pad, but I think they require two or more fingers touching. If you have one finger just touching and the other moving it might be zooming due to that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.