Helios 300 (g3-571) won't boot

seb30
seb30 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

Since a few days impossible to start my predator helios 300 (g3-571).
I was on youtube when it is cut (no heat so), since, nothing.
When I press the power button, the keypad will turn on for 0.5 seconds and turn off. The charging light comes on, but turns off as soon as I press the power button and only turns on again when I unplug / reconnect.
I try battery reset, swap ram, drive bridge etc.
I disassembled the pc entirely, no trace or anything on the motherboard, I took the opportunity to make a repast ...
I always go back nothing, I tried to unpack all that is not necessary (hard disk, battery, usb / usbc / hdmi card, screen etc), it does the same thing.

I have no solution, I would like to fix it, and the sav we forget (I am in France, it is still under warranty, but sends my charge and acer do not return to the internationnal ...) .

Thank you for your help.

Answers

• Have you checked that this switch is being properly pressed?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • seb30

Tinkerer

Yes, I added several layers of adhesive plastic on the cover, so that it presses the switch. If there is a chance that it is defective, I withdraw and make a solder point to force contact?
  • seb30

Tinkerer

edited July 2019

Is there an electrical diagram of the components of the motherboard ?

C5PRH LA-E921P rev 1.B

so that you can test in order and find out which one is the problem ... Thank you
  • The notebook still does not work? Have you tried pressing a few keys, and with these keys still pressed, press the power button? I already checked some topics, in which the users of some notebooks a515-51 and an515-51, stated that the notebook works following the key press!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • seb30

Tinkerer

Yes I already tested.
  • Is it a problem similar to this?
    Have you tried with other rams or even with another keyboard? About the international warranty, I believe you can use in France, as long as you have the invoice to purchase the notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    The ITW warranty as far as i know can only be triggered out of the original country where you live/bought it from if youre travelling thats why its called international travelers warranty all other warranty's (carry on) you have to be in the country you live/bought it to be able to request warranty support also bare in mind for ex if someone imports it from the US where its cheaper to the EU you will not have warranty its not valid as far as im aware the warranty has to be claimed in the current country where the model belongs to this is why every country have their own model numbers and some are country exclusive not available in any other country with the same specs

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• seb30

Tinkerer

edited July 2019
    It is well under warranty but the shipment is my responsibility and acer do not return to the internationnal, so it will cost very expensive.

No it's not exactly the same bug, mine does that once the keyboard ignition, then all the lights on the laptop are off.
    What do you mean by trying another keyboard? keyboard cards are standard? can i put any pc's one to test? Is there a way to boot the pc without the keyboard connected?
  • Are you sure the switch button is pressed down?

Try putting a few more layers of electrical tape:

Also, have you tested each ram individually? Have you tried unplugging the hd, ssd, drums and testing them individually? Have you disconnected the rtc battery for a few seconds?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• seb30

Tinkerer

Yes i have tested all
  • By chance, have you tried updating the firmware uefi from the motherboard or windows tried to update the firmware driver?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• seb30

Tinkerer

edited July 2019
    I have already update the bios by motherboard 4-5 month ago
  • Do the following! Turn off the notebook, and then unplug the lithium battery. Then press the power button from thirty seconds to one minute so that the static power is dissipated!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• seb30

Tinkerer

edited July 2019
    The motherboard was dissasembly for 10hours, no static electricity now

• seb30

Tinkerer

Just need the motherboard shema for testing component
  • Did you reapply the thermal paste?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• seb30

Tinkerer

Yes.       
  • Check out this video on how to reapply the thermal paste:
    Did you see PM?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• seb30

Tinkerer

I had not seen this video, but I did the same, thanks for PM!
  • OK! Post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer