Acer Nitro 5 Microphone Problems

JonoNeedsHelp
JonoNeedsHelp Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi, I got a new Acer Nitro 5, Intel Core i5 8th Gen, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 ti, and my microphone quality is really bad. On my old laptop, with the same mic and headset, it had great quality. I recorded myself on this computer and it sounds like I'm talking inside a can. Please help me.

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Go to Device Manager/sound video and game controllers and right click the Realtek sound card then select uninstall from the drop down menu, reboot your computer, it will reinstall on reboot and the drivers will be updated. let us know

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• Hello! The model of your notebook is the an515-51? Have you tried upgrading your notebook drivers?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Go to Device Manager/sound video and game controllers and right click the Realtek sound card then select uninstall from the drop down menu, reboot your computer, it will reinstall on reboot and the drivers will be updated. let us know

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Have you tried changing here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Saifer93
    Saifer93 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Guys, i think i finally have a solution ! 

I tried everything, and after hours of trying, i discovered this : 
    - Insert a headset / earphones
    - Click on the NOTIFICATION 
    - It opens up the "Realtek Audio Console" (It's the only way so far, you can't access it in any other way)
    - Go to Microhpone Array
    - "Disable all" 
    * You can also modify the volume of the mic and increase it a bit

I tested and it works fine : basically this laptop comes with weird audio settings, namely "Conference call" effect, so it cuts your microphone everytime a noise is made. Just disable this and it works fine and dandy. 

Hope this helps you too, because I had the same problem and tried to solve this for weeks, i thought they scammed me with this laptop. 
  • Karstn
    Karstn Member Posts: 1 New User
    andylb said:
    Doing this worked on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42; I just had to make sure that the applications that were being used (such as Discord) were using the right input device.

Cheers