Official Service Center’s Mayhem. My laptop: Predator PH317-51,

kirillnikulin95
kirillnikulin95 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello!

On 07.06.2019 for the second time I applied to the official service center (SC) RSS at the address: Moscow, Ave. 60-letiya Octyabrya, 16, after the end of the warranty period. Prior to this, on December 6, 2018, I applied to the same SC complaining about CPU overheating and noise in the cooler, but under the warranty. All repairs after the first request were just a warranty replacement of the cooler, overheating of CPU up to 98 C was called OK, so they gave me back the laptop after 2 weeks. The second time I complained about problems with the battery (the power supply turned off automatically when it reached 100% charge) and still about throttling and overheating of the CPU. Btw I tried everything at the software level to fix battery but all in vain. So the second time I asked for repair, I was essentially accused of having soldering marks on one of the “components” of the motherboard and demanded additional 100$ for repairs to 20$ I already gave them for the diagnostics.

I have never interfered in my laptop at the hardware level and did not drop it - there are no chips or signs of damage on it, only minor scratches. 6 months from the moment of the first repair it was standing on the desk and no one except me was using it.

For more than two weeks, I was not sent a photo of  soldering marks on the “component” at my request, and what is more, firstly they informed me by phone that the demonstration of a problem in a computer was not part of the policy of their SC. Since I gave the laptop two times only to this SC and I have all the documents, I have every reason to believe that no one interfered in the laptop at the hardware level except the employees of the SC. In addition, it became very difficult to reach the SC and my complaint addressed to the director of the SC, which I left on 21.06.2019, has not yet been considered, although they initially told me that the complaint will be considered within 10 days, and it has already been 20. Only after 3 weeks of calls I was sent a photo of that “component” that I attached in here, and what is interesting, the employee of the SC was initially speaking about the possibility of sending a photo of my own laptop as an “exception to the rules”. My questions how traces of soldering could appear on the motherboard with my non-interference and how my computer actually worked in such conditions were not even answered.

For more than a month now I have been living without my laptop so I cannot do my business, all I hear on the phone is a request to wait, so employees of the SC have been considering my complaint for 3 weeks instead of 10 days. Personally, I respect the products of Acer in all respects and, carefully choosing a laptop in early 2018, I stopped on Predator PH 317-51 model. However, I encounter such a situation related to the work of an official SC for the first time, and, if necessary, I am ready to defend my rights in any instances. 

I ask those responsible for working with clients at Acer to help me in this situation, including returning to working mode, since the SC did not provide me with any computer for the duration of the repair. This policy of the SC has undermined my confidence in the results of their activities and now I am not even sure what actually happens to my property in the SC. I am writing here cause I am a bit desperate and a request at acer on-line support russian site doesnt work properly with my mobile device.

Respectfully,

Kirill, Acer’s customer

Answers

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    kirillnikulin95 i completely understand your situation and frustration unfortunately there are a few cases around like yours when the sub contracted service centers are not doing the job they were supposed to do properly but unfortunately this community its not an acer direct support channel its ran bu normal users like you and me that are here voluntary to help others the best way thy can we are not acer employees only a hand full of acer staff here that manages the community so my suggestion is for you to keep pushing it to the highest level if is there an acer HQ in your country (not all countries have them) contact them directly and explain the situation with the service center if not i suggest you to look for any kind of local authority who might help in this case wish you the best of luck and please keep us updated

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/