How to restore Nitro 5

MikeMol
MikeMol Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My son has an Acer Nitro 5 laptop.  He downloaded chromium and bytefence from a website.  Now his laptop is extremely slow.  We can not access settings and are unable to reach the troubleshooting section by holding shift and restarting the computer.  We do have a warranty but are currently visiting overseas so we can not take it to best buy.  I can access the bios, so is there a way to make a bootable usb with all the correct drivers??  We would appreciate any help you could give us

Answers

• Svom
    Svom Member Posts: 3 New User
    The Same with my 

Nitro AN515-51 model

• Svom
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    MikeMol said:
    My son has an Acer Nitro 5 laptop.  He downloaded chromium and bytefence from a website.  Now his laptop is extremely slow.  We can not access settings and are unable to reach the troubleshooting section by holding shift and restarting the computer.  We do have a warranty but are currently visiting overseas so we can not take it to best buy.  I can access the bios, so is there a way to make a bootable usb with all the correct drivers??  We would appreciate any help you could give us

I don't think this is a Graphics Card problem. Uninstall Chromium and Bytefence open Control Panel/Programs then report back

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Svom
    The same issue occurred with me and uninstalling it made no change in the lack of speed the computer was.