How do I fix the black screen that follows after starting up my Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop?

xNotAJ
xNotAJ Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I'm having the same problem as him, When I turn on the laptop it starts as normal, it has the green acer logo and has a loading symbol below it, but soon after, the screen goes black but still lit, and the keyboard is still lit. I have a warranty but I want to try all possible solutions to fix this before I have to go to the warranty. Please help... 

Also @egydiocoelho so you can help me.

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You have chosen the option that deletes the files:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xNotAJ
    Answer ✓
    Thanks to everyone who helped me out. In the end, to solve everything, I decided to do the hard thing and do a clean install of windows 10 onto the laptop. This made it way more fast than it was before and I also got to do the initial out of the box setup. Everything is working good and I am currently reinstalling all my games.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi!!
    @xNotAJ      

As a work around, I recommend you to try resetting the battery in your computer. To do that, 

1. Unplug AC adapter from your computer. 
    2. Press & hold power button for 5 to 10 seconds and ensure that power light is off. 
    3. Flip the laptop and locate the battery reset pin hole (as shown in below image). 

4. Use a suitable tool like paper clip or a pin and insert it to the battery reset pin hole and hold it for 30 seconds. 
    5. Once it is done, release the paper clip. Flip the computer & try powering on the unit. 

Hope this do the trick. Please post back the result. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• xNotAJ
    Unfortunately it does the same thing, it starts to load up as normal, with the green acer logo, but then the screen turns black after.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Power on with the power button and when the logo appears power off with the power button, repeat this for a total of 3 times. The laptop will then boot to a blue screen giving you a number of options, go to advanced startup/Troubleshoot/Advanced options, on this screen (below), you can select System Restore and then Restore your computer to a previous date when it was working fine. If that doesn't work do the same process but select Startup Repair. Do this then report back

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• xNotAJ
    When I tried system restore it failed and the details said "System Restore failed to extract the original copy if the directory from the restore point.
    Source: %SystemRoot%\System32\wbem\repository" and the Startup Repair just said "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC"

• Have you tried restoring the system?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    edited July 2019
    Then I think you have no choice but to reinstall windows 10. If you have a recovery USB you can use System Image Recovery from the same screen as System Restore or you can reboot and press Alt + f10 at startup

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• xNotAJ
    Thanks for the help but I'm not confident I can do that. I have a warranty on the device and I only wanted to have to use it as a alast resort. Thanks for all the help but I'm just going to bring it in to Best Buy and let them figure out what the issue is because at this point I'm pretty sure it's just a hardware issue.
  • andylb
    xNotAJ said:
    Thanks for the help but I'm not confident I can do that. I have a warranty on the device and I only wanted to have to use it as a alast resort. Thanks for all the help but I'm just going to bring it in to Best Buy and let them figure out what the issue is because at this point I'm pretty sure it's just a hardware issue.
    That's not a bad idea let them fix it under warranty but i'm certain it's a windows issue, I've dealt with it before it's not hardware

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• I also agree with Mr. Andylb!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xNotAJ
    Ok I decided to try to reinstall windows 10 before resorting to trying to use the warranty. How do I go about this though?
  • Press alt + f10 before the Acer logo!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xNotAJ
    Doing this just brought me to the blue screen that says Choose an Option with each of the four options being Continue: Exit and continue to Windows Recovery Environment, Use another operating system, Troubleshoot, and Turn off your PC.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You have chosen the option that deletes the files:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xNotAJ
    Oh my god. Thank you so much. It completely fixed the problem. Though it did delete all my games and apps, it's a small price to pay so that my parents wont be mad at me. Thank you all for helping me and I know who to come to if I have further problems.
  • You are welcome my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xNotAJ
    Unfortunately it looks like I must come back for help. Once the computer was reset, it was kind of slow, so I decided to just factory reset everything but the files. For some reason when it was time to log in, it came up as "Other User" and when I tried to log in with my username, phone number, or email, it would reject it. I've been trying to just completely factory reset it so everything just gets removed, but the reset always seems to get stuck.
  • Did you try to get in with the pin?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xNotAJ
    If you're referring to the password I set when I first made the user account, yes I tried but it didnt accept it.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xNotAJ
    I was going to, but when it prompted me to enter the password for security, the same password I put into the laptop that got rejected, was accepted.