Hi, I need some help with a USB System Recovery Drive on my Aspire zc-606

royalt98
royalt98 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
After I plug in the USB it boots up to a blue screen goes through a few things then stop and has an error message of "Deploy fail, error message= Create Partitions fail , error code=-2147023779" 
The D2D recovery is enabled.
This has been going on for a while, I just need help before I give up on my computer.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I think the problem is the old HDD partition, since the USB recovery tries to create a new one but probably need an HDD without partitons.

Since the USB didn't give you any option, you will need something like a bootable gparted tool to whipe the HDD and then use the USB recovery.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    if your D2D is still intact, instead of using the USB recovery, try to press Alt+F10 keys at boot and check if it's able to re-install windows.
  • royalt98

Tinkerer

I've tried to do that and nothing happens.
    I have seen your answer on a question like this.
  • IronFly
    enter BIOS pressing F2 key at boot and check if your HDD is listed on the information tab.
    if is not listed, your HDD is gone, if it's listed, probably you need to wipe it first.

Did the USB recovery ask you to choose keyboard and language?
  • royalt98

Tinkerer

Hard disk is listed first in boot options, I dont have an information tab. The USB didn't ask me anything.
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓
    I think the problem is the old HDD partition, since the USB recovery tries to create a new one but probably need an HDD without partitons.

Since the USB didn't give you any option, you will need something like a bootable gparted tool to whipe the HDD and then use the USB recovery.

• royalt98

Tinkerer

Ok thank you 
  • royalt98

Tinkerer

I've wiped the HDD then tried to boot up the computer with recovery USB and I still get the same error message 
  • IronFly
    not good.
    please check if under BIOS there's a security tab and the HDD password is set as frozen, if so, try this:
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32674/~/bios-password-frozen#_ga=2.83148054.163451397.1562765792-18205942.1486127738

if it's not frozen, can be an issue with your recovery USB or the HDD itself.
    Which version of windows has your system?
  • royalt98

Tinkerer

There is no password set at all. It has both windows 7 and 8.1. 7 was set so I switched to 8.1, and tried rebooting it back up if it would happen but I still got the same thing.
  • IronFly
    According to Acer website, your model had windows 8.1 as native OS; so...in my opinion can be worth to update to windows 10, since it's supported by the official Acer's drivers.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

download the windows tool and create a bootable USB flash drive with it, once done boot from ZC-606 and check if you are able to install it.
  • royalt98

Tinkerer

Am I able to boot windows 10 before all this, cause it can't boot up at all.
  • IronFly
    Any error on screen?