Acer Iconia tablet won't turn on

CheerBear42
CheerBear42 Member Posts: 1 New User
My Acer table just won't turn on. It's almost brand new, hardly used it at all. The little red light comes on as charging/charged. I can get it to boot by pressing on + volume key, but when you set it to reboot, it won't turn back on. I chose the factory reset and it still won't turn on. The hardware reset hole does nothing. I stuck a pin  down there but I'm not sure what it's supposed to do or how to know wether that worked or not. Anyone have any ideas? I threw out the box so I don't think the store will take it back. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Which tablet do you have? Usually a red light means the battery is fully discharged, amber means it's charging and blue means it's fully charged. Try leaving it plugged in for several hours. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then try turning it back on normally.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LittleBear85
    LittleBear85 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    My Iconia will not turn on after a factory reset. Can you please help, @billsey??
  • billsey
    Have you tried the previous suggestion? Which model tablet do you have? Many of the newer ones have a battery reset hole that can also help.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Charlie4084
    Charlie4084 Member Posts: 2 New User
    My iconia 10 won't come on or charge. Help Please.
  • Peteris
    Peteris Member Posts: 10 New User
    I have this problem my tablet model is A3-A40
  • utahqwert
    utahqwert Member Posts: 4 New User
    Same issue with my A3-B40.  The red light blinks slowly (comes on every 7 ish seconds for a couple of seconds).   I have done a bunch of searches but can not find what the light blink is indicating.  Anyone know where I can find that information?  Is this just a dead battery that can not be charged?
  • billsey
    You might just be stuck on a sleep mode, typically a slow blink indicates sleep anyway. Try pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds or so to force a full power off, then wait a bit and turn it back on normally.
  • utahqwert
    I tried holding the button down but it still won't turn on. I only see the blink i described when I plug it in.  I did test the battery with my multimeter and it read 3.0.  I am not new to electrical stuff like this but I think that means the battery is charged, right?  I don't want to try and find a new battery if this one is good.  
  • billsey
    If you're comfortable opening it up like that, try disconnecting the battery for a while (an hours or so should be plenty) then reconnecting, reassembling and doing the normal system turn on.
  • utahqwert
    I did that this past week.  Left the battery disconnected for a couple of days.  Attached it.  Still same result, won't start and the red light blinks as described previously when plugged in.  

I was hoping someone would know what that blinking pattern meant.  With other devices the blink pattern indicates the problem.  Hate to buy a new battery if this is not battery related. 
  • billsey
    Yeah, I've never been able to find a reference for the blink codes. :(
  • RayKazko613
    RayKazko613 Member Posts: 4 New User
    It looks like the bat is completely dead (but still good), could be the usb socket, the flickering represent false contact and the bat never get charge.
    charge the bat outside, by it self, then put it back, you will know then, whats goin on. 
  • michael112
    michael112 Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Which tablet do you have? Usually a red light means the battery is fully discharged, amber means it's charging and blue means it's fully charged. Try leaving it plugged in for several hours. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then try turning it back on normally.
    what does the green sign mean i have b3-a40 acer iconia one 10