Slow 5GHz wifi on my Aspire 5 A515-52G (Intel AC-9560)

bunis321
bunis321 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello!
I've recently bought A515-52G with Intel AC-9560 wi-fi adapter. At first after unboxing I had very slow internet connection in both 2.4 GHz and 5 Ghz networks (less than 1 mbit/s), but after updating to latest driver from Intel's website, problem with 2.4 GHz solved, but I still have connection issues in 5 Ghz mode at home (haven't tested anywhere else yet). Tried to change wireless mode settings with no success. Is there any possible solution?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning bunis321 !

First, perform the test on other 5Ghz networks.
    Is the modem / router firmware up to date?
    What charges do you get on your network?
    Are there any handsets working in the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands?
    In the advanced wireless card options is the 5ghz network and region set correctly?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• christopheri78
    christopheri78 Member Posts: 1 New User
    bunis321 said:
    Hello!
    I've recently bought A515-52G with Intel AC-9560 wi-fi adapter. At first after unboxing I had very slow internet connection in both 2.4 GHz and 5 Ghz networks (less than 1 mbit/s), but after updating to latest driver from Intel's website, problem with 2.4 GHz solved, but I still have connection issues in 5 Ghz mode at home (haven't tested anywhere else yet). Tried to change wireless mode settings with no success. Is there any possible solution?
    Hi I got this problem too on my Acer aspire 5 a515-52 . Did you solve this problem ? 
    Br
    christopher
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon christopheri78 !

Please, to keep the forum organized, always open a new topic.
    Did you complete all the procedures and questions proposed in the post?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• TomatoCatchUP
    TomatoCatchUP Member Posts: 3 New User
    TRY: go to WIFI properties > CONFIGURE DRIVER > ADVANCED > 802.11a/b/g wireless mode = 4. 2.4GHz 8.2.11b/g + 802.11n/ac Wireless Mode = 3.802.11ac > leave the rest settings as is. worked for me.
  • DAVSX
    DAVSX Member Posts: 1 New User
    TRY: go to WIFI properties > CONFIGURE DRIVER > ADVANCED > 802.11a/b/g wireless mode = 4. 2.4GHz 8.2.11b/g + 802.11n/ac Wireless Mode = 3.802.11ac > leave the rest settings as is. worked for me.
    That worked like a treat, thanks Mr Ketchup. I had tried latest drivers from Acer/Intel for Intel wireless 9560 driver and was pulling my hair out until i came along and seen your post. I had slightly different options in the 2nd part of your fix but the values were the same as below.

"802.11n/ac Wireless Mode = 802.11ac"

Thanks