Acer Aspire A515-51 turned off and wont turn back on?

Pobel
Pobel Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Was using this laptop and ended up falling asleep and when I woke up it was off and wouldnt turn on.
Tried plugging in the charger but the charging light only lights up for a few seconds and then turns off.
If I press the power button when the charging light turns on for that small moment the fan starts up for a moment but nothing else does.
If I press the power button after that it just flashes the power button 5 times and does nothing else.

Answers

• Pobel
    Followed the instructions on the link but nothing happened after.
    Pressed the reset button and left it for a few minutes then connected it to the charger and pressed the power button but nothing happened. 
    No lights turned on either
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Time to call Acer support service.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • SAKURA_Bobcat
    SAKURA_Bobcat Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi having same problem but did not even fall asleep what happened 
  • Hi @Sakura! First try this:
    a) unplug the notebook and unplug it from the electrical outlet! Turn the notebook over and press the battery reset hole for five seconds and then leave the notebook off for five minutes:

b) If the first option does not work, it is possible that the interlock button is not pressed properly! To solve this, put some layers of electrical tape in the compartment that presses this button:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dustydcp
    Dustydcp Member Posts: 2 New User
    U have to same problem and none of this is working why
  • thurgood
    thurgood Member Posts: 53 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Where were you using the laptop? On a desk/table or on a bed?
  • @Dustydcp Ideally you create a new topic by clicking on "Ask a question"! However, try this: press some keys on the keyboard and still press them, press the power button and make sure the notebook turns on!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Nish_008
    Nish_008 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

@Dustydcp Ideally you create a new topic by clicking on "Ask a question"! However, try this: press some keys on the keyboard and still press them, press the power button and make sure the notebook turns on!
    It does work but as soon as i leave other keys it turns off
  • Probably a keyboard problem! Is your notebook still under warranty? @Nish_008

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nish_008

Tinkerer

Probably a keyboard problem! Is your notebook still under warranty? @Nish_008
    Yes i have used it for only a month
  • Nish_008

Tinkerer

Probably a keyboard problem! Is your notebook still under warranty? @Nish_008Is there any solution for this ?
  • Pobel
    Forgot to post this way back then but in case anyone looks this up. I changed the old battery and charger for new ones and it worked fine after that. Not sure what the problem was exactly but it works now.
  • MAnelH
    MAnelH Member Posts: 1 New User
    This ACER Aspire 515 is teh worst laptop I ever had. Turn on on does not work. And when it was working was zapping you and keyboard never worked (some strokes didn´t work. number 3 working on one key, and not on the other. Even product was under warranty but ACER doesn´t care as they mentioned this is a factory static electrical fail . So they don´t cover it.. Piece of cheater company.
  • @MAneIHI would not accept this answer from the Acer service center. I don't work and I'm not an Acer employee, but if your notebook is still under warranty and there is a hardware failure, the service center should fix the notebook.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dwaipayan
    Dwaipayan Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Hi @Sakura! First try this:
    a) unplug the notebook and unplug it from the electrical outlet! Turn the notebook over and press the battery reset hole for five seconds and then leave the notebook off for five minutes:

b) If the first option does not work, it is possible that the interlock button is not pressed properly! To solve this, put some layers of electrical tape in the compartment that presses this button:

My Acer Aspire A515-51G was shutting down abruptly when on battery power for the past 2 days. I did a battery reset using the pin-hole which didn't solve the issue and laptop won't power on. Then I put some insulation tape on that rectangular block that presses against a switch near the RAM slot as shown, closed the compartment and voila... my laptop powered up on battery power and ran a full 4-5 hrs without any issue before I had to put it to charge. Thanks for the suggestions!!!