Coolboost installation problem - Acer AN515-51

BrusselSproutMan
BrusselSproutMan Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So im getting massive temps, up around 96/97 when playing a game.

And i can't install Acer coolboost because of a clash with the radio service process.
Basically it wants to be really helpful and run my wifi and as a result it is impossible to install without disabling my radio service, which leaves me unable to go into airplane mode or even look at my wifi connections. This is ridiculous.

So i cannot run coolboost to cool this sucker down, and im constantly up against cpu throttling. So i got throttlestop to disable turbo, otherwise its just a slideshow.
It's actually painful to touch the lappy above the keyboard its so hot.

Is there any way i can get the fans to work harder? God i need them to.

Thanks.

Best Answers

Answers

• BrusselSproutMan

Tinkerer

It's an AN515
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited June 2019
    It's an AN515
    AN515 is only the beginning of the model number for example AN515-42 so please give the full model number. Coolboost is NOT a downloadable program it is part of NITROSENSE. Go to Nitrosense to enable Coolboost and make sure you have the Acer Quick Access app installed, if you don't have it install it at your product support page under the Applications Tab. If you don't have Nitrosense let us know and again please give the full model number

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Complementing the answer from fellow andylb, go to those keys of acer quick access and nitro sense and enable coolboost:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\Quick Access
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\OEM\PredatorSense\FanControl
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BrusselSproutMan

Tinkerer

AN515-51

Do not have the QuickAccess app, unable to install it as said in first post. I have to choose between wifi or the app apparently.

• BrusselSproutMan

Tinkerer

And i don't have Nitrosense, afaik on this model it's QuickAccess that deals with coolboost.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited June 2019 Answer ✓
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BrusselSproutMan

Tinkerer

Ok downloaded, just hesitating to install without being told to, as there is a reg file in there.
  • You can install as they are direct links from Acer!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BrusselSproutMan

Tinkerer

Fantastic! It didn't get stuck at the radio service bit!(QuickAccess)

Thank-you for your help.

P.s. Nitrosense isn't compatible.
  • andylb
    You still have not told us your full model number, this makes a huge difference ANS515 is not enough

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• You are Welcome my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    Fantastic! It didn't get stuck at the radio service bit!(QuickAccess)

Thank-you for your help.

P.s. Nitrosense isn't compatible.

If your model does not support Nitrosense you can download Predator sense here, it is unlocked for all models
     https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iLRSJ5cqrwvRW9eZmEInHYURTliN0gpH

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• BrusselSproutMan

Tinkerer

Thanks for the PredatorSense link. Ok just digging out my model number now.
    While im at it, im still getting 95 degrees on my cpu while gaming. Is this abnormal? Perhaps not and there's something i can do?
    Turbo is disabled and i devolted my cpu.

P.s. where can i find the full model number?...

Thx
  • 95ºC or 95ºF?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BrusselSproutMan

Tinkerer

Wow PredatorSense is amazing! I can really blast the fans now. If i put them on max, is it going to drastically shorten their lifespan??
  • BrusselSproutMan

Tinkerer

95ºC or 95ºF?

C !
  • I consider this temperature high! Watch this channel on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BrusselSproutMan

Tinkerer

Is it a bad idea to cook my breakfast on it? Lol
  • BrusselSproutMan

Tinkerer

And another question; Is it safe to run Throttle Stop at the same time as Predator sense? If i could combine my devolt and de-turbo with the fans at max it would be good to try.
  • That channel shows many procedures to reduce the temperature!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer