Change HDD to SSD on sf315-52g

Answers

• Alex0815
    Alex0815 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    However, I am almost 100% sure that this model does not accept a ssd m2 2280 sata 3 or nvme from 1tb!
    I bought exact this 1TB Crucial and it does not work.
    I will see, tomorrow the Samsung 970 Evo will arrive. If i am lucky i have then 1TB SSD instead of 256MB.
    Next step would be to change the very very slow 2.5" HDD to a SSD, but the Samsung 850 Evo 2TB does not work.
  • Eozen355
    Eozen355 Member Posts: 27

Tinkerer

2,5" HDD to mx500 1TB ssd: same problem... This laptop hate ssd
  • Is the problem not in the sata cable? In addition, the manual informs you that a second hdd storage may be available on this model!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Eozen355

Tinkerer

edited June 2019
    Western Digital HDD provided with laptop is ok, so cable is ok.. 
    the cable is a bit odd but it is a SATA  3 slot, the hard disk is standard
  • Despite being a SATA cable 3, does it support the transfer of data from a ssd?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Eozen355

Tinkerer

If it doesn't support this transfer  they should not name it sata3.... It's a norm. If i respect that norm i can buy what i want..
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer

Eozen355   >>>Searches on internet seem to show that a bug appeared after the 1.04 bios, >>>

Please show links with this claim. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alex0815
    Despite being a SATA cable 3, does it support the transfer of data from a ssd?
    I have a very old 64GB SSD which is the only 2.5" SSD which works. So cable is not the problem.
    But that one is not a good alternative :)

• Manfred28
    Manfred28 Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

@Alex0815

The 1TB 970 EVO will work, for sure. I had exactly the same problem with my newly purchased SF315-52G. Swapping
    the original 256GB M.2 SSD against any M.2 SATA SSD failed, Samsung 860 EVO, Crucial MX500, WD Green SSD, none
    of them worked, always freeze at the bios logo.

I havnt figured out why, but the Swift 3 doesnt like SATA SSDs. But you can use any NVME SSD, Samsung 970 EVO,
    Crucial P1, etc. will work, regardless of the size.

mfg Ronny

• @Manfred28He wants to install a ssd of 2.5 "from 1tb and not a ssd m2 2280! @Eozen355 Try to downgrade uefi: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/636299/#Comment_636299

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Eozen355

Tinkerer

I tried to downgrade. Utility changed and i can't use this method anymore. 
    I will try M2 Samsung 970 evo
  • How did the utility change?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Eozen355

Tinkerer

edited June 2019
    I can't find temp files 

• You should enable hidden file viewing and go here: 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Eozen355

Tinkerer

edited June 2019
    I think i done that. But i will check tonight. But if 970 evo or Crucial P1 is ok: it's ok for me. I juste want to uninstall HDD (fragile in laptop)
  • Ok! Post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Eozen355

Tinkerer

Ok , no problem 🙂
  • Alex0815
    OK, thanks a lot for the info about the 970 Evo.
    Received it, cloned my old 256GB M.2 SSD to the 970 Evo M.2 SSD and it works.

Great, now i have space on SSD for my virtual machines.

Next step would be to get rid of this 1TB 2.5" HDD and place a SSD, but that looks not possible.
  • ash1502
    ash1502 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Eozen355 said:
    Ok , no problem 🙂
    hey i have the exact same laptop as you.Please tell me if you found any solution
  • LSparky
    LSparky Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi, i bought 2.5 500GB samsung 860 EVO and i have the same problem (stuck on the green acer logo). Did someone found any solution or it was just waste of money and you just cant change the 1TB 2.5 HDD?