Any tips on how will i be able to get it running for up to 10 hrs?

midefanc
midefanc Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I purchase laptop swift for i like when the battery life is up to 10 hrs but happens to be just 3 hrs max operation unplugged. Any tips on how will i be able to get it running for up to 10 hrs?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    midefanc
    Even while you’re using a laptop, Windows might go from saying you have five hours left to only two hours depending on what you’re doing.
    That’s because performing more demanding activities on your laptop increases power consumption. A laptop won’t use much power while it’s just playing hardware-accelerated video on low brightness but increase the brightness level, and it’ll draw more power. If you start a demanding task that requires CPU power, it will draw even more power.
    This estimate can also fluctuate based on the work your computer is doing in the background. For example, Windows might be installing updates–that will use more CPU resources, drain battery power more quickly, and lower the estimate. Even if you’re just browsing the web, some websites–especially ones with video ads–use more system resources than others.

The best option is to try manually calibrating the laptop battery.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • midefanc

Tinkerer

manual calibrating that possible?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Calibrating won't help to increase battery running time. As @Sharanji , it's very dependent on what you're actually doing --- playing games usually consumes more power than word processing for example. If you have a non-Microsoft antimalware running in the background, that'll shorten the running time too. Many variable involved that calibrating won't help. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• midefanc

Tinkerer

so technically this has something to do with running apps. thanks for your replies JackE and Sharanji