USB does not work on ACER NITRO (AN515-51)

domdom
domdom Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
Hi,

on my model all of the USBs do not work. My plugged in USB stick also does not get detected in the bios menu. This is the error that I see. Help, please?tachin

Answers

• What is the error code that appears? Have you tried restoring your notebook to a date before the problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • domdom
    I've tried everything. Reinstalling automatically by Acer, manually by myself. The code is, code 10.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Try this

1. Right-click on Windows logo > Select Device Manager.
    2. Expand "Universal SerialBUS controllers" > Find the device with a yellow exclamation mark.
    3. Right-click on it and select "Update Driver Software..." > Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software".
    4. If there is no new update, right-click and select Uninstall > OK.
    5. Go to the Action tab in the Device Manager window > Select Scan for hardware changes > Then the USB port will appear.
    After this, reconnect your portable devices to your PC and there your USB or SD card etc devices will show up on your PC now

If that doesn't work then do this

1. Type: troubleshoot in the search bar and click Troubleshooting.
    2. Go to "Hardware and Sound" > "Hardware and Devices" > Click on Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically.
    3. Click Next and let the program check and fix existing problems in your drive > Click Apply this fix and click Next.
    4. Click Enable, close Troubleshooter and restart your PC to keep all changes.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• domdom
    Still doesn't work, I get the same annoying Code 10 error.
  • Have you tried deactivating and reactivating the device?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • domdom
    Have you tried deactivating and reactivating the device?
    Yes, I did. Sadly, it did not work. Only the SD card reader works, USB-C, USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 do not work at all. I've tried everything! What do I do??
  • I suggest you try reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• domdom
    Also, tried that. Doesn't help at all...
  • domdom
    So there's no fix???
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andylb

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• domdom
    Sadly, none of those worked. :(
  • Have you checked if the problem remains in another operating system, like in distro linux live?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• domdom
    I didn't. None of the USB appear in the BIOS, I tried booting windows in Legacy mode, UEFI mode and resulted in the same error. The USB just wouldn't work. Also, all of the USB ports give out power, but they do not read the device, that is inserted. But still give out power (for example: gives power to USB flash LED indicators, charges phone, etc.). But unfortunately, the data is not being read. Any advice, what should I do?
  • charliegarg
    charliegarg Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    domdom said:
    I didn't. None of the USB appear in the BIOS, I tried booting windows in Legacy mode, UEFI mode and resulted in the same error. The USB just wouldn't work. Also, all of the USB ports give out power, but they do not read the device, that is inserted. But still give out power (for example: gives power to USB flash LED indicators, charges phone, etc.). But unfortunately, the data is not being read. Any advice, what should I do?
    try updating the bios. if you are on latest ver still flash again.
  • domdom
    Flashed again, still doesn't work.
  • andylb
    OK try this and do it for each and every one in the list

Step 1. Click "Start" button and type "Device Manager".

Step 2. Open "Device Manager".

Step 2. Find "Universal Serial Bus controllers section" and expand it.

this-device-cannot-start-code-10png

Step 3. Right-click on each USB device and then click "Uninstall" to remove them one by one.

Step 4. Reboot your desktop or laptop.

Step 5. Allow Windows to install the USB drivers.

Step 6. After the installation is complete, plug in the USB device again to check whether the code 10 issue is resolved.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    With NOTHING in any of the usb ports, do these errors still appear in Device Manager? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• domdom
    JackE said:
    With NOTHING in any of the usb ports, do these errors still appear in Device Manager? Jack E/NJ

Yes, they do. These are the 2 only errors, that I get.
  • On the error detection verification, I also have the model an515-51 and I was able to solve it by downloading this driver: https://www.driverscloud.com/pt/services/DownloadDriver/72140-1/key

egydiocoelho Trailblazer