My CB3-111 won't detect my camera

RZboi
RZboi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My CB3-111 hasn't been detecting its camera in... oh gosh, I don't even remember how long it's been, it's been so long!! I don't know the model name, but I know it's a CB3-111 because acer helped me figure that out in less than 5 min.

It's not a problem with any of my apps or extensions, because the problem persists no matter what site I'm on. It did work when I first got my CB3-111 back in 2015, but it suddenly stopped one day, and I haven't made any big changes or anything to my CB3-111, because I don't really know how computers work. My CB3-111 is up to date, as well as my chrome browser, as far as I'm aware.

The only things I download are apps and extensions with proven high reviews and like, thousands of downloads, from the chrome web store. So I'm pretty sure it isn't a virus either, but viruses can happen to anyone.

I already completely reset my CB3-111 in an attempt to fix the problem, yet it persists.

Any ideas on what I can do short of taking it to a repair shop? Because I have $7 lol

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    edited June 2019
    Sometimes an app can take control of the camera and not let any other app access it. If it's been so long since the problem showed up it's going to be tough to figure out if an app installed at that time is the cause...

You could do a factory reset (after backing up your data) then reinstall your apps one at a time until it fails again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RZboi
    RZboi Member Posts: 2 New User
    how do I back up my data? cause like, I still know nothing about computers.

meanwhile, all the google "experts" have been trying to solve this well known issue while I thought I was the only one

buying a windows acer next time, thanks
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Data backup often is handled for you by Google, but check first to make sure it's active on your machine, also make sure it's actually synced since sometimes it syncs only manually. Usually you deal with hits in Settings; Accounts; Sync...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.