Iconia A1 won't come on after a factory re-set.

LittleBear85
LittleBear85 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
My Iconia A1 froze completely. I did a complete factory re-set, which I've done before with no problem. This time, the tablet just kept going thru the factory re-set and giving me the screen to select the various options of "Reboot, Fast reboot, etc.". I couldn't even get it to shut down. Now, when I push the power button, it makes the short "buzz" sound it would make when being turned on, but nothing else. Can anyone give me any options as to how to get it to function again?  Thank you very much!!

Answers

• What is the exact model of your tablet?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LittleBear85
    It's A1-810.
  • LittleBear85
    edited June 2019
    I didn't see you asked for the serial number. It is: XXXXX

[Edited the content to avoid displaying personal information Acer-David]
  • Have you tried this command?
    Please check that the battery is not empty
    Do not forget to backup all important data
    Turn off the ACER ICONIA A1-810 / A1-811
    Press and Hold Volume Up Button
    Continue with Press and Hold Power Button for about 3 seconds, after that release the Power Button (but do not release the Volume Up Button)
    You can release Volume Up Button until the LCD screen turns to on
    You will see the menu at LCD then choose [SD Image Update Mode]
    Choose wipe data / factory reset to perform hard reset with master format. Use Volume Button to navigate and press Power to Enter or OK.
    ACER ICONIA A1-810 / A1-811 Follow the menu at LCD screen to continue the hard reset
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LittleBear85
    I just tried what you have suggested. The tablet won't even turn on at this point.
  • LittleBear85
    I thought the battery should have been charged because it has been plugged in. When I just now plugged it in, it came on with the "robot" and spinning symbol. When this stops, it goes to the screen with the various options to factory reset, etc. But obviously, NONE of those options are what I want, and I have tried ALL of them, with no other result.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LittleBear85
    Well, nothing has helped. It must need to be serviced. THANK YOU VERY MUCH for try to help!!
  • Is this tablet still under warranty? Have you tried resetting the internal battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LittleBear85
    I just got back on my computer and saw this question. No, not under warranty. It's a refurbished tablet that has worked very well for about 4 years. If I can't get it working on my own some way, it is probably not worth even having it repaired, since I imagine that would cost quite a lot. I don't know anything about resetting the internal battery. I have tried using a pin in the hole by the micro card slot, but that has not helped either. One of the people who was involved in the post to which you sent a link talked about taking the battery out and re-installing it. I've never opened a tablet and do not know anything about whether or not this might work. Anything else you could suggest will be appreciated. No matter whether or not we are able to get it working again, I will give you any credit for trying to help me. I truly appreciate what you have tried up to this point!!
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LittleBear85
    I looked at these. I'm not "tech-savvy" at all, so I couldn't tell too much from watching them. I also looked on youtube to see if I could find any videos that might help. I may try to at least take the back off and see if I can unhook the battery and re-attach it to see if that will help. Again, a big THANK YOU for trying to help me!! 
  • Ok! Post the result here my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer