Will repasting void my warranty?

Ivan_Bogatac
Ivan_Bogatac Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So I have my aspire A715-72G laptop for 8 months now. The temps of my cpu are nuts with the peak of 97 C in throttlestop stress test. It has been this way since day 1. I have tried undervolting but that didn't reduce my temps much maybe like 3 degrees C. I have solved my temps by downclocking my turbo boost at 3.3 ghz but i would like more performance and less heat. So my question here is do i void my warranty if i repaste or not(I honestly wouldn't like to void it). This all is crazy considering my undervolted 1050ti never reaches over 64 C in games.

Answers

• Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    So I have my aspire A715-72G laptop for 8 months now. The temps of my cpu are nuts with the peak of 97 C in throttlestop stress test. It has been this way since day 1. I have tried undervolting but that didn't reduce my temps much maybe like 3 degrees C. I have solved my temps by downclocking my turbo boost at 3.3 ghz but i would like more performance and less heat. So my question here is do i void my warranty if i repaste or not(I honestly wouldn't like to void it). This all is crazy considering my undervolted 1050ti never reaches over 64 C in games.
    Hi, please contact acer warranty support to check whether it voids the warranty or not. Also Instead of you personal applying the paste, you can have acer support do the repair for you.
    Follow the link below for acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact