New ACER ICONIA ONE 10 tablet has very poor battery life.

Ashiapulda
Ashiapulda Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
i recently brought new Acer tablet iconia one 10, i straight away relised that its battery life is really poor. It stays on for only 3 hours max, i mean its brand new tablet and i didint expect it to have such a poor battery life. I also have another tablet which i mostly use (not Acer) and it runs all day even when i use it to watch movies most of the day. 
Any recomendations of what can the reason for this be? And why the battery life is so poor on the new tablet. 
Many thanks

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    First check whether the battery has some issue or not , to check on try the following steps:
    Examine the Windows system logs, and Check whether unit was going to sleep instead of shutting down. If yes then forced a
    shutdown using the command prompt "shutdown /s /f", and verify that the battery 
    drain or not. also try hibernate option .Check power management settings to correct the batter life issue

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jenloy7
    Jenloy7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    This is my Second one in just over a year and both had same problem.the first one stopped charging. Tesco replaced it,  again just less than a year later the 2nd one is doing s
    Same it won't charge! These problems should be addressed and the tablets recalled. 
    Ashiapulda said:

i recently brought new Acer tablet iconia one 10, i straight away relised that its battery life is really poor. It stays on for only 3 hours max, i mean its brand new tablet and i didint expect it to have such a poor battery life. I also have another tablet which i mostly use (not Acer) and it runs all day even when i use it to watch movies most of the day. 
    Any recomendations of what can the reason for this be? And why the battery life is so poor on the new tablet. 
    Many thanks