chromebook freezes and unable to shut off.

2»

Answers

• sunshine75975
    sunshine75975 Member Posts: 1 New User
    my acer chrome book froze mouse nothing would work. i did the refresh and power button an the same time an it seems to have fixed my problem so far. what could have made this happen to my laptop in the first place.
  • instantnoodles
    instantnoodles Member Posts: 1 New User
    Kyky said:
    I had the same exact problem. Nothing would work. But, then I tried pushing the restart button (the little circular arrow) and the power button at the same time, and it restarted my chromebook. It has been working after I imputed my passcode and it logged me in.
    good info
  • User797
    User797 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Kyky said:
    I had the same exact problem. Nothing would work. But, then I tried pushing the restart button (the little circular arrow) and the power button at the same time, and it restarted my chromebook. It has been working after I imputed my passcode and it logged me in.

Thank you, this worked for me. Before seeing your comment, I was trying all other app but they didn’t work for ME but this worked.

My parents said that I can’t mess this chrome book within the first year of with it because many of my previous devices had either messed up because of me it it was a system fault. 2 phone screen got lost. One Acer computer tablet had lost its sensor. There were a few other problems with other devices. 
    Anyways, thanks for saving me. lol 
  • EOO
    EOO Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Acer 314 hanged it's still new have just started using it, will it be hanging like this, from the comments above
  • Thoward
    Thoward Member Posts: 1 New User
    Kyky said:
    Kyky...that worked like a charm.  Thank you!
  • Screwloose
    Screwloose Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello I have had my chromebook nearly 3 years and I love it it has been with me all over the world and is without a doubt the best 200pounds I have ever spent Last night quite late I was enjoying a crime podcast and the chromebook froze on a bloodcurdling scream and no matter what I did I could not turn it off I had lost the screen I tried everything volume was froizen refresh and power etc si in the end I took it out to the garden before it woke the kids up. This morning with flat batterry I plugged in and it seems we are back to normal.Has anyone else had a chromebook frozen on a loud scream oir musical note its a very bizarre and irritating experience !
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    One thing you might not have tried is a long press of the power button. When it's held down for 30 seconds or so it bypasses the OS and just powers down, without the orderly shutdown process normally done. It's a handy method for when something gets completely hung. I doubt it was because of the loud noise being sent to the speakers, though it wouldn't hurt to see if Google has any updates pending...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tech12
    tech12 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Thanks kyky
  • Nisa
    Nisa Member Posts: 1 New User
    My chrome book froze and the keyboard stopped working, so I can't shut it down. My mouse is also gone on the screen.

As noted by others, NONE of the refresh/power button methods on this forum worked for me. 

:3  What DID WORK on my Acer CB5-132T was simply pushing the reset button located on the right side edge of the Chromebook next to the headphone input.  Just push and hold it for a few seconds until the Chromebook shuts down. 

I waited roughly a minute before pushing that same reset button and it came right back on with pages preserved and everything. It's working fine now for me.  I believe in this instance I had a tab that never produced on a query and had been buffering on and on.

Hopefully this works for you. =)

• William_notFound
    William_notFound Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello. The same thing happened to my acer chromebook, which I only bought a few months ago for my little brother. He said it froze, which it was a black screen with his mouse cursor, which he couldn't move around. We held down the power button for 10 minutes, and nothing happened. Eventually, it turned off because of inactivity, and then we couldn't turn it back on. It still doesn't work, and hasn't worked for about a week now. Can anyone suggest anything?