Acer Swift 3 SF-314-56 Sleep Problem

Maiar
Maiar Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, i have a brand new Acer Swift 3 SF314-56-390U laptop. I realized a problem with my laptop. When i put my laptop into sleep either by just closing the lid or clicking sleep from power menu, my laptop doesn't go to sleep. Today i went for a walk while my laptop's battery was %99 and i closed the lid. When i came back and turned on the lid the laptop's screen instantly woke up and my battery was at %92.

My Bios version is V1.13 and i have Windows 10 Home Single Language installed and fully updated.

I'm really looking for your help, thanks in advance.

Answers

• Tsiikki
    Tsiikki Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have this problem too, it randomly doesn't go to sleep when I close the lid. I think it has to do something with laptop being first used with AC-power. Then it usually doesn't sleep when you close lid. But if you choose Windows->sleep it works, or press FN+F1. VERY ANNOYING, FIX NEEDED. Now I have to look every time it really goes to sleep before I put pc to carrying bag. Otherwise it would drain the battery or overheat and damage itself.

I have SF-314-54
  • Hello! Have you already updated the video card drivers on the intel website?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Maiar
    Hello! Have you already updated the video card drivers on the intel website?
    You can't install drivers from intel's site to this laptop. The drivers has to be Acer Spesific. So only way is to wait for acer to get the driver from the intel and publish it spesificly for the laptop.
  • Yes you can! But before you should uninstall and delete the intel driver like this:

Then download the latest driver from your intel video card and disable the wireless. Restart the notebook and install the latest driver!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Maiar
    Yes you can! But before you should uninstall and delete the intel driver like this:

Then download the latest driver from your intel video card and disable the wireless. Restart the notebook and install the latest driver!

Just as i said before, you can't.
    It says "the driver you are trying to install is not validated for this computer"

• what is the exact model of your video card? intel hd620? Are you using version 1809 or 1903 of windows 10?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Maiar
    what is the exact model of your video card? intel hd620? Are you using version 1809 or 1903 of windows 10?
    Its intel UHD 620. I use windows 10 1809. And i've found another way to install the driver i guess.

I'll try and let you know.
  • Ok! Post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Maiar
    Ok! Post the result here!
    I've installed the latest driver. And it still doesn't go to sleep. When i click the sleep key laptop stops making any sounds in 15 secs, but after i wait a minute and press enter the screen turns on immediately to the password screen. In less than one second. So i don't think its going to the sleep.
  • Have you tried resetting the internal battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Maiar
    Have you tried resetting the internal battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    I will try and let you know.