Does the Acer Nitro AN515-42-R0WY support NVMe SSDs?

VDB07
VDB07 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I purchased my Nitro laptop a bit less than a month ago and have been greatly satisfied with the general performance, gaming, temperatures etc. Time has come for some upgrades. The model comes with a Toshiba HDD and while it is perfectly fine for most tasks, a boot SSD would come in handy. I have however seen a few threads with lively discussions as to whether it supports NVMe SSDs or otherwise just SATA in the m.2 slot. Is anyone able to reference service manuals for the specific model and answer my question? Thank you.

Best Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning VDB07 !

This model supports SSD with M.2 slot M.2 2280 (PCIe / SATA Co-lay).

Some users have already reported that SSDs with NVMe technology are not recognized by the system.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Zemez
    Zemez Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    just make sure that the drive is not an NVME drive and you will be fine, I successfully installed a Samsung 860 Evo SATA M.2 SSD and it is working great, just make sure you download the Samsung Drive Magician software to unlock better performance multipliers within the drive.  

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning VDB07 !

Some users have already reported that SSDs with NVMe technology are not recognized by the system.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• VDB07
    VDB07 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

MaClane said:
    Good Morning VDB07 !

Thanks mate, I've seen people have good results with 860 Evo's. I'll give it a shot.
  • Zemez
    Zemez Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    just make sure that the drive is not an NVME drive and you will be fine, I successfully installed a Samsung 860 Evo SATA M.2 SSD and it is working great, just make sure you download the Samsung Drive Magician software to unlock better performance multipliers within the drive.