How to open a ticket, please!!!

CharlesF
CharlesF Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi. I have owned many Acer products and liked them all. I have a Switch V10 SW5 now and LOVE it. But... the 'W' key started pushing funny, only a few months after purchase. It is very clean, free of dirt/dust/etc, but W key will not de/press correctly. I need a fix or something. It is under warranty and I have registered it at acer.com, but when I try to open a ticket online using the SNID, the search does not return, tells me to contact support, which ironically I was trying to do.

Right now I am using an auxiliary USB keyboard (nice to have this option... love my Swtich!!), but I want to have the included keyboard functional.

Why can't I open a ticket?? I want to continue telling everyone (hundreds of thousands in the online writer communities) about my live for this Acer device. Please Help!!!
e online writer communities) about my live for this Acer device. Help!!!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    It might depend on navigating to the right locale to get the Acer support connection. Which country are you in? Did you buy it in your country or somewhere else?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CharlesF
    Thanks for the reply!
    I'm in the US, bought on Ebay in the US. When I registered the tablet at Acer, they found it based on SNID lookup. But when I enter same SNID to open ticket, they don't find it. They don't give me any clue as to how to open the ticket.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Are you sure it's under warranty? Most eBay offered items are considered used...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CharlesF
    Lots of new items are sold on Ebay. This purchase was brand new, in the box, under full warranty. I contacted Acre rep with message on Facebook. They are shipping a replacement to me. As to why their online service lookup will not find my tablet, I am not sure. The online product registration app found it using the same S/N. Thanks for your replies!