Network Adapter Just Stopped Working (Switch Alpha 12 - SA5-271)

Homer_Jay
Homer_Jay Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
Looking for any help troubleshooting a Switch Alpha 12 network adapter issue.
Worked fine yesterday.
Booted up this morning there are no network connections available.
Troubleshooter says "The Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems."
Then it does not offer any solutions.
The driver is dated 8/22/2018, version 12.0.0.722
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Start by removing the driver and rebooting so it reinstalls using the default profile. If it's still showing bad in Device Manager remove it again but select 'remove files' to get rid of potentially corrupted driver files. You might want to have the drivers from the Acer support site on a flash drive at this point. Manually reinstall drivers from the Acer support site and try again. If it's still showing the error the WiFi card might actually be bad. If you are still in warranty then this is the point you do a full system backup and contact Acer support for repair. If you are out of warranty then either contact a competent technician or do your own work and remove and reseat the WiFi card. If that doesn't work the next step is replacing the card.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kouncelor
    Kouncelor Member Posts: 3 New User
    I am continually having the same issue.. regardless of how many times I reinstall drivers. Are there any recommended cards to be used for replacement?
  • billsey
    I typically start with an Intel card. They are well supported and seem less likely to have driver issues. But that's just one person's opinion. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kouncelor
    Kouncelor Member Posts: 3 New User
    @billsey , Thanks. I ended up replacing it in early July with an Intel Wireless AC 9260.. works perfectly.. issues eliminate B)
  • billsey
    Great! Glad to hear it worked out. If you mark the thread as solved it'll rise higher in the search results for others with the same issues.