Is 8% battery wear level normal after 8 months of use? nitro 5 an515-42

harshupadhyay10
harshupadhyay10 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
anyone having acer nitro 5 ryzen please check the battery wear level using powercfg or hwmonitor and report here please

Best Answer

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Restore your battery by using your Notebook until the battery is almost discharged then recharge it, repeat this for a total of 3 times. Also make sure you are plugged into AC when you are not using it, modern Notebook batteries perform better when kept topped up

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• harshupadhyay10
    edited June 2019
    andylb said:
    Restore your battery by using your Notebook until the battery is almost discharged then recharge it, repeat this for a total of 3 times. Also make sure you are plugged into AC when you are not using it, modern Notebook batteries perform better when kept topped up
    I worry that it will cause more wear as draining battery damages it the most. 
  • andylb
    andylb said:
    The process I gave you is the Acer official method and is their recommendation not mine, I'd be more worried if you weren't following these good battery disciplines

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    edited June 2019

here ya go my friend and it does help the battery if the initial conditioning is repeated periodically to recondition it. The magic percentage for recharging is 70%, so after you have carried out the above procedure, recharge when it drops below 70%. If you are gaming you will need to be on AC all the time because you can't run on High Performance on the battery

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    andylb said:
    did it helped?
  • harshupadhyay10
    andylb said:
    did it helped?
    no i haven't tried it yet 
  • rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    andylb said:
    did it helped?
    for me its 10% for less then a year i am trying something new from a forum charging till 70% and recharging when battery reaches 30% how you charge your laptop and how many times a day?
  • andylb
    andylb said:
    did it helped?
    I would recommend that you try the official ACER method that I posted above before you try anything else

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★