Acer R5 -571TG 's motherboard sudden death

andrespd99
andrespd99 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello. I bought an Acer R5 -571TG in November of 2016, in Black Friday to be exact. My laptop never presented any serious issue before, and I never had to take it to any technician. 

I took enought care of my laptop, never spilled any liquids on it nor dropped it, but still, two months ago it suddenly had a strange failure, so I gave it to the "certified by Acer technicians" of my country (Venezuela). Two weeks later, I had the sad news of it being a motherboard failure. In short, it was dead. 

I'm writting this because it is strange for a laptop less than 2 years old to suddenly die this way. Some people have told me that it might be a model issue, and that I should look up for other people with the same problem and ask Acer to replace it or at least offer a discount in a new laptop.

Answers

• Can you explain this flaw? Is your notebook turning off?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vickiebdesign
    vickiebdesign Member Posts: 1 New User
    Be thankful yours lasted that long, mine did this after 80 days and Acer ignored me and blocked me from being able to put in a service request and then delayed answering me until the 90 day factory refribished warranty expired. Now I have a 900 dollar paper weight.
  • Hello @vickiebdesign! Can you create a new topic and explain exactly what your problem is? Add me by putting the @ and tell the exact model of the notebook!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andrespd99

Tinkerer

Hello @vickiebdesign! Can you create a new topic and explain exactly what your problem is? Add me by putting the @ and tell the exact model of the notebook!
    Ok, I´m on it. Thank you.
  • andrespd99

Tinkerer

Be thankful yours lasted that long, mine did this after 80 days and Acer ignored me and blocked me from being able to put in a service request and then delayed answering me until the 90 day factory refribished warranty expired. Now I have a 900 dollar paper weight.
    That sucks. Acer support is not very helpful tbh.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited May 2019
    @andrespd99! Do the battery and power leds light up? Is your notebook still under warranty? Have you tried resetting the internal battery? Have you looked for a button similar to those on the motherboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andrespd99

Tinkerer

@andrespd99! Do the battery and power leds light up? Is your notebook still under warranty? Have you tried resetting the internal battery? Have you looked for a button similar to those on the motherboard?

No, I haven´t tried it, let me do it. And no, the warranty expired about a week after it died.
  • It would be interesting if you informs if the leds flash or light up too! If you find the button, send a photo of the place too!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andrespd99

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho I just pushed the button but nothing happened. I pressed it for about 30 secs but no response.
  • Do the battery and power LEDs light up or flash? On the button, are you pressing the reset button on the battery or the power button? These are buttons that have different functions! I would like to see the location of the button if possible! Also, have you ever tested with another power adapter?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andrespd99

Tinkerer

It would be interesting if you informs if the leds flash or light up too! If you find the button, send a photo of the place too!
    That is the only light that ever turn on (only when connected to power). The button is behind that hole. I tried pushing it directly to the motherboard too. But it does nothing.

• andrespd99

Tinkerer

Do the battery and power LEDs light up or flash? On the button, are you pressing the reset button on the battery or the power button? These are buttons that have different functions! I would like to see the location of the button if possible! Also, have you ever tested with another power adapter?
    Yes. The technicians tried with another power adapter but the problem persisted. And yes, I know what button you are referring to. I opened the laptop to push it right from the botherboard but it didn´t solve it.
  • OK! Reset the battery according to this video:
    If it still does not work, try putting some layers of electrical tape over the interrupt button:

I'd also like you to send me a photo of the location of the button!
    Also try disconnecting the rtc battery for about 30 minutes to reset the uefi firmware!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andrespd99

Tinkerer

The button is the one above the lowest screw (the silver thing with a circle inside). I followed the video with no success. I also disconnected the RTC battery aswell for about an hour (and disconnected the laptop battery too) but didn´t get any results. I think the motherboard is really dead.

@egydiocoelho

• This button is for battery reset! It is not the correct button. Maybe the power interrupter button is on the other side of the motherboard! You should see a bulge in the lower case or upper case that presses that button specifically!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andrespd99

Tinkerer

This button is for battery reset! It is not the correct button. Maybe the power interrupter button is on the other side of the motherboard! You should see a bulge in the lower case or upper case that presses that button specifically!
    I can´t find that button. I don´t know if you might be able to find it.
  • Intente hacer un reset de energía, desconectando la batería de litio de la placa base y luego presionando el botón de encendido durante treinta segundos. Compruebe si resuelve el problema.
    También compruebe que el botón está presente en el otro lado de la placa base!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andrespd99

Tinkerer

Intente hacer un reset de energía, desconectando la batería de litio de la placa base y luego presionando el botón de encendido durante treinta segundos. Compruebe si resuelve el problema.
    También compruebe que el botón está presente en el otro lado de la placa base!
    I just tried it but it still doesn´t work. 
  • Have you checked if at the bottom of the motherboard, ie on the other side of the motherboard, if the button is present?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Varun_143
    Varun_143 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello. I bought an Acer R5 -571TG in November of 2016, in Black Friday to be exact. My laptop never presented any serious issue before, and I never had to take it to any technician. 

I took enought care of my laptop, never spilled any liquids on it nor dropped it, but still, two months ago it suddenly had a strange failure, so I gave it to the "certified by Acer technicians" of my country (Venezuela). Two weeks later, I had the sad news of it being a motherboard failure. In short, it was dead. 

I'm writting this because it is strange for a laptop less than 2 years old to suddenly die this way. Some people have told me that it might be a model issue, and that I should look up for other people with the same problem and ask Acer to replace it or at least offer a discount in a new laptop.
    The same issue, I bought Acer R5-571TG in November 2017, in black Friday deals at Sams club. My laptop died now in 2020.