Acer Model B3-A40

Mistfit
Mistfit Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I have a Acer 7.0 Model Number B3-A40.  Tried to update.  It comes back to say network connection is required.  I have it plugged into my computer.  It indicates Acer Live Updated  Failed to update due to network or server problem.  Please try again later 0006:BE2BB094.  Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited June 2019
    Mistfit 
    The below mentioned steps  should fix “Network error, please try again later” error.

>>>Go to Settings > Applications > Google Drive. Here, tap on “Storage” and then tap on “Clear Data” to reset Google Drive data. 

>>> Also, try to grant it Storage rights. Go into Settings > Apps. Click three dot menu at top right and choose System. Scroll to Acer Live Updater and grant it Storage rights. After do that run the update and works fine.

>>>Go to Settings > Applications > Select ALL > Tap the Acer Live updater application > tap on clear data (if available) and tap on clear cache
    tap on force stop
    then go to settings/about tablet
    tap on System updates and check now

>>> if it still crash, you can try a factory reset too (backup all your personal data first)
    Go to settings/Backup & reset - factory data reset
    Once done, don't install any application but check about updates
    then go to settings/about tablet
    tap on System updates and check now.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,443 Trailblazer
    This error also happens starting when they first take a model off extended support (typically two years after introduction). You can still get OS images and the like from the Acer support site, but automatic updates fail with the 'connectivity' error. It just means the server URL is no longer up and running.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.