SF315-41 Takes long time to turn off

Dannyufcfan
Dannyufcfan Member Posts: 51 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, over the last couple of months, my laptop has started to take a long time to to turn off or go to sleep. It takes about three minutes each time I do either action. This is not the biggest problem by itself, but since this has happened, other issues have started to occur with the laptop. I don't know if they're related or not.

To fix this issue, I've tried everything I can think of, including system restore, and even a full reset of the laptop back to factory settings. I've also done checks of the hardware and the results say no issues.

FWIW, the only time the laptop turns off normally is when it's in safe mode.

Can anyone help with this issue? It's been driving me nuts for ages. Thanks. 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited June 2019
    First check if there are any programs that are causing this problem. The best way to do this is to disable all services and programs here:

Then restart the notebook and test it!
    Second, check if there are any updates available in windows update and also try to update the notebook drivers!
    Third, try resetting the internal battery:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dannyufcfan
    Thanks for the answer. I tried all the steps mentioned but nothing worked :(

If anyone has any more ideas, I would be most grateful.

Thanks.
  • I suggest you do a memory test by typing memory into the slurry! The computer will perform a check on ram when rebooting! I also suggest you download the crystaldiskinfo program to check how health the HD is!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dannyufcfan
    Thanks again for your response.

Unfortunately I had already ran a memory test on the ram and SSD, and both came back ok.

Any more ideas or is it broken? Thanks.

• What is the uefi firmware version? Have you tried updating the drivers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dannyufcfan
    What is the uefi firmware version? Have you tried updating the drivers?
    The uefi firmware version is V2.01

I think this problem might be related to the consistent blue screen crashes that I'm having. The blue screen error code is: page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Does that help?

• mafozi
    mafozi Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

have you installed the new amd drivers from their site?
    amd adrenaline ?
  • Dannyufcfan
    I think I have the latest drivers. Is there a way to check if I have the latest ones installed?
  • mafozi

Tinkerer

Settings-Apps see if you have AMD Software and which version
  • Dannyufcfan
    I have AMD 17.7

Software version - 2018.0410.2139.37139
  • mafozi

Tinkerer

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-5

I had a similar problem using the ADD's adrenalin driver from their site.
    After I removed it, the laptop was extinguished immediately.
    You can try putting them on and seeing what's going on and then getting them out.
    For me, that was the problem, I hope you have some effect.
    And maybe you're upgrading this driver to see if there's a new update in the Windows update.
  • Dannyufcfan
    mafozi said:
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-5

I had a similar problem using the ADD's adrenalin driver from their site.
    After I removed it, the laptop was extinguished immediately.
    You can try putting them on and seeing what's going on and then getting them out.
    For me, that was the problem, I hope you have some effect.
    And maybe you're upgrading this driver to see if there's a new update in the Windows update.
    I'm sorry, do you mean that I should uninstall these AMD drivers and then reinstall them? Thanks.
  • mafozi

Tinkerer

I say what the problem was for me
    if i use amd adrenalin driver i have a problem
    if I remove them and use the driver from the windows update I have no problem
    I am currently in the driver with the update and the laptop is immediately quit
    you can see it in my computer-properties-device manager-display adapter-double click on it and then - driver
    mine is 20.11.2018  25.20.14016.1
    with this one i have no problem when shut down the laptop
  • Dannyufcfan
    ok thanks. I will try.
  • Dannyufcfan
    edited June 2019
    OK I checked, and I have the same number - 20.11.2018  25.20.14016.1 That means that is should be working ok if I had same issue as you?
    Do you think the issue could be hardware? I think I've tried everything on the software side :(

• Hello! I suggest you upgrade the uefi firmware to the latest version, see: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/607277/#Comment_607277
    In addition, the amd software fixes several bugs from version 19.3.3! I suggest you download the latest official version!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dannyufcfan
    Hello! I suggest you upgrade the uefi firmware to the latest version, see: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/607277/#Comment_607277
    In addition, the amd software fixes several bugs from version 19.3.3! I suggest you download the latest official version!
    Could you please link me to the actual uefi firmware to download? I'm not sure where to find it. Thanks again.
  • Yes my friend! Remembering that this procedure is extremely and I will not be liable for any damages! Please read the update instructions carefully: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_2.12_A_A.zip?acerid=636820046853592408&Step1=ULTRA-THIN&Step2=SWIFT&Step3=SF315-41&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• You can try upgrading the amd driver first!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dannyufcfan
    You can try upgrading the amd driver first!
    Thank you for all your help. I will try to update the uefi firmware.