Spin 5 (SP513-52n) display brightness

Xxswifterxx
Xxswifterxx Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
Hi guys, 

I've been having this issue with my brightness, sometimes the screen gets dim and even when I turn the brightness up to 100% its still dim. 
However, after going into the device manager, and uninstalling the driver for generic PnP monitor and restarting the laptop, the issue goes away and its a lot brighter at 100% brightness. 

Wondering if there's' there any real fix for this issue?

Thank you! :)

Answers

• Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi guys, 

I've been having this issue with my brightness, sometimes the screen gets dim and even when I turn the brightness up to 100% its still dim. 
    However, after going into the device manager, and uninstalling the driver for generic PnP monitor and restarting the laptop, the issue goes away and its a lot brighter at 100% brightness. 

Hi, Try these following methods and check if it works.
    1) Try to default all the settings on the computer in bios.
    To get to bios press f2 after you press power multiple times. Press f9 and select yes and press f10 to save and exit.

2) Try to check for an updates for the display driver and if there is update it.
  • Kinking
    Kinking Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

You should update your graphics driver, go to acer page and download it from there. 
  • Xxswifterxx
    Kinking said:
    You should update your graphics driver, go to acer page and download it from there. 
    I assume that it would be the VGA driver?
    wont be either "Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver" or "Intel AMT Driver" right
  • Kinking
    Kinking Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Yap your VGA driver I meant, go to Acer driver and manual page and enter your PC details, download the specific VGA driver and installed it.
  • Xxswifterxx
    Kinking said:
    Yap your VGA driver I meant, go to Acer driver and manual page and enter your PC details, download the specific VGA driver and installed it.

It pops this message, would it be wise to downgrade the driver? 
  • Xxswifterxx
    Ishy said:
    Hi guys, 

To get to bios press f2 after you press power multiple times. Press f9 and select yes and press f10 to save and exit.

2) Try to check for an updates for the display driver and if there is update it.
    Yup, just did this, hope the issue doesn't come back!
  • UmaStark
    UmaStark Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ishy said:
    Hi guys, 

how do you find the display driver and what buttons exactly to get to the bios?