My Acer E5-575G won't update to Windows 10 May 2019 update...

TF21045
TF21045 Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Picture:

I started this update when it came. I was shocked and excited to the update until...
JUST FRICCIN PLEASE, PLEASE HEL- (は) OoF, sorry about that. No more time for jokes...
And yes, During the update, The *WHAT NEEDS YOUR FRICCING ATTENTION* thing started to show up, They say that I do nothing but I can do some RoBeats, Reading Reviews, or what so ever.
May 23, 24: just still the same... I FOUND A SOLUTION THAT I NEED TO UNINSTALL ALL THE DRIVERS TO START THE FRICCIN UPDATE AND SOME OF THEM ARE IMPORTANT AND IF I UNINSTALL THE FRICCIN IMPORTANT DRIVERS AND I WOULD DESTROY WINDOWS 10?!?! (い) Yeah that's true... The message of that friccin thing:
This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10
Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version of Windows 10. NO FRICCIN ACTION IS NEEDED!! (い)
Can anyone help me at this?!?!
it's also my first time encountering the OSOD (orange screen of death)
This doesn't happen during the update but, It occurred during Roblox and YouTube video called FPS by SoraMafuUraSaka...
I don't think that include on the question /\
I have all the specifications with features:

CPU: Intel (R) Core i7 7th Generation @ 2.7GHz
Features: Has it's own Dedicated GPU built in, It can Boost up to a whopping 3.5GHz only if charging, The fastest core in 2017, I don't know why the base speed is 2.9GHz...

GPU0 (From my CPU): Intel (R) HD Graphics 620 Dedicated 5GB GDDR5
Features: It can handle 1920 x 1080@60Hz (Hz means hertz, Hz can be also called FPS.), From CPU Built in, Has 3D capability, It has it's own control panel (lawl), The best CPU/GPU Chip in 2017

GPU1: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX Dedicated 2GB GDDR5 with a whopping 8GB GPU Memory from the RAM
Features: The additional Graphics chip, It can run Roblox at 60Hz (Probably), Best GPU Chip from 2017

Battery: Li-Ion 2.8A Battery (4 Cells) 14.8V
Features: It can charge from 19V and a whopping maxed out 3420mA, It lasts up to 3hrs if you only use Microsoft Edge just one tab or you at work just opened a bunch of work apps...

HDMI: HDMI 2.0
Features: Can display up to 4096 x 2160@24Hz

USB: 2 USB 3.0 1 USB 1.1
Features: USB 3.0 has and additional pins, Can be used as Charging or using a USB 3.0 External HDD/SSD

Ethernet: Realtek PCIe (I don't have but it's internal not external) GBE Family Controller
Features: It's a gigabit net but we don't have a gigabit speed (lawl), Mostly Known from a sound chip

Hard Drive: Western Digital 2TB (1.81TB) HDD
Features: Efficent, Can handle all my programs I need, Has a whopping 6GB/s maximum of transferring things, SATA Interface, Can handle Windows 10 there...

RAM: 4GB original but with additional 8GB
Features: Has 4 slots (checked on task manager), Both are 2.1GHz, 11.9GB Usable, up to 128GB (32GB each on 4 slots) For Windows 10 Home Single Language.

If any of thesecausing the problemos, please be honest, put in on to comments!

Answers

• TF21045
    I forgot to put this at the question:
    If I close the *What needs your attention windows*, My windows 10 update assistant stopped from updating my Windows 10.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    "Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once the issue has been resolved."

Consider yourself lucky that it didn't install and mess up the machine. Wait like everybody else with this issue for the next major update and hope that it installs without messing up your machine. You will still get extended maintenance updates for the version of Win10 that it's runnin g right now. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TF21045
    The only device that it passes the update:
    Lenovo H30-50 released 2014
    It was running windows 10

Until now, I am updating my Acer device and I hope it didn't pop up the friccin What needs your attention Window.
  • TF21045
    also am I going to wait 18 MONTHS?!?!

• JackE
    Probably only about 6 mos, Nov or Dec. Meanwhile you'll be getting regular maintenance updates so you should be just fine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 1laptopuser
    1laptopuser Member Posts: 89 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited May 2019
    If you have an external USB device, SD memory card or UFS card attached when installing Windows 10, version 1903, you may get an error message stating "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10."

• JackE
    Thanks for the heads up on this. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 1laptopuser
    1laptopuser Member Posts: 89 Fixer WiFi Icon

did it work?

and if it worked which intel driver do you use?
  • TF21045
    edited May 2019
    Actually, My Philips monitor is attached. Also Ethernet. Should I go for it?
  • TF21045
    thus my FRICCIN SISTER is using my acer device
  • TF21045
    1laptopuser

Read my specifications
    Intel HD Graphics 620 (direct CPU)
  • TF21045
    It did not work, unplugged my monitor and, still, no dies
  • JackE
    Just relax till the next major update is released in the fall. You'll be fine with maintenance updates for the current version till next year.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TF21045
    actually, I'm impatient
    please Microsoft bothers me once
  • TF21045
    ill just try everything and give the link if it actually works...
  • TF21045
    tried everything, told to the Microsoft community, still no dies, so am I going to stick up with Windows 10 version 1507?!?!
  • JackE
    TF21045>>>going to stick up with Windows 10 version 1507>>>

Press the WIN+R keys. Enter 'winver'. What's the result? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TF21045
    okay-kay I mean still sticking up to 1809 (sorry about that):

• TF21045
    update in the background will be the same result...
  • topcat7736
    topcat7736 Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    1809 is the current version of choice. 1903 isn't yet ready for every machine. And you should always wait a couple months after a version is released before you install it so the bugs will be fixed. Insiders don't always catch everything but millions of end users will. Your machine is at the proper operating system revision so no further FRICCIN actions are required at this time. Go enjoy using your machine.