Wiping free space on ssd drive, Acer Swift 3, Swift SF314-51

Sambro
Sambro Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I would like to wipe the free space on my Acer Swift 3 ssd drive.  Is there a program available to safely do this?  Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Do you want to format ssd?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sambro
    Thanks for the reply.  I don't want to format the ssd, just overwrite the free space.
  • Is windows 10 installed on ssd? Have you done a disk cleanup as an administrator?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sambro
    Yes, Windows 10 is installed, and I have completed a disc cleanup as an administrator.  However, this does not appear to access the free space.  In the past with a hdd I have used programs such as Eraser or CCleaner to overwrite the free space.  I have both of these programs downloaded to the Acer ssd computer, but neither program finds the Liteon ssd drive when I open them.
  • Can you send a photo of the disk manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sambro
    Here is a screenshot of disc manager.
  • do you want to clear the free space or do you want to create a new partition?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sambro
    I am planning to give the computer to a friend, but would like to overwrite the free space first.
  • I think now I get it! In fact you want to reinstall the operating system to erase your personal files and then give your notebook to your colleague, correct?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sambro
    Not quite.  If I reinstall the operating system I will remove the apps that are currently on the computer, and I would prefer not to do that, if possible.  I can delete the personal files that I want to remove, but that will not necessarily remove all traces of them from free space.  Supposedly, when TRIM is enabled on the ssd, deleted files do not remain in free space, but I have found that recovery programs are able to find many of these files, even with TRIM enabled.  As I noted earlier, I would like to find a program that will overwrite the free space on an ssd.  If that option is not available, I will just go ahead and reinstall the operating system before giving the computer away.
  • I understand now! Yes, it is possible to recover many files, even after formatting ssd or hd! You have the option of doing a slow format, but it is not advisable to do this in a ssd and also why you will lose the recovery partition of Acer! Maybe this link will help you: https://mashable.com/2014/07/14/delete-files-permanently/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sambro
    Thanks for you help. I'll check it out.