My Aspire R5-471T only works if my Charger is plugged in!

TechTechTech
TechTechTech Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
For some odd reason, my Aspire R5-471T only works if my charger is plugged in. When I unplug the charger (keep note the battery still says it has power), the computer just shuts off. What should I do?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hello! Try these steps:
    a) uninstall these two drivers and restart the notebook:

Then test!
    b) Try to reset the battery and test:
    c) You need to look for a button similar to this on the motherboard, because if this button is not pressed properly, it can cause this symptom. It may be located on the bottom of the motherboard!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hello! Try these steps:
    a) uninstall these two drivers and restart the notebook:

Then test!
    b) Try to reset the battery and test:
    c) You need to look for a button similar to this on the motherboard, because if this button is not pressed properly, it can cause this symptom. It may be located on the bottom of the motherboard!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TechTechTech

Tinkerer

The last testing steps don't look anything like my own computer so I am not sure whether or not it will work
  • Benman2785
    Benman2785 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    The last testing steps don't look anything like my own computer so I am not sure whether or not it will work
    try to find it on your machine - now you know what to look for ;)
  • Yes, he has to look at his machine @Benman2785! Surely there should be a power interruption button!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• He can also check if there is any screw in the lower case that is loose or poorly pressed!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TechTechTech

Tinkerer

Thanks, I found the power interruption button and that is all I needed!
  • Can you send a photo of the location of this button, so that other users know where to find it?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Can you show where the button in this photo is?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer