1080p at 144hz over HDMI in XB240H(or any other monitor)

CSGOScarface
CSGOScarface Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I wish to buy a middle end gaming laptop. And most of the laptop these days have only HDMI port in them. I want to connect my laptop to an external monitor so that I can play games at 1080p @ 144hz (mostly cs:go)
I need to know if the Indian version of xb240h supports 144hz over hdmi -> https://www.flipkart.com/acer-24-inch-full-hd-gaming-monitor-xb240h/p/itmfdfdjygf4fgyh
I couldn't find any manual related to the monitor which would give me the clear answer. So I was hoping if anyone could help me decide if I should go with the monitor or not. Or should I go with any other monitor in this range, which could provide me with 1080p @144hz over hdmi.
Thanks.

Answers

• Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi, @CSGOScarface First of all, this is a good monitor to get if you want 144hz experience. Usually HDMI cable can only support to 60hz only DVI cable or Display Port cable can support till 144hz or higher depending on the monitor specifications.
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    144Hz over HDMI at any resolution is not guaranteed. It is very much trial and error, with many cases not functioning. Your better option would be to get a laptop which outputs video using DisplayPort. This method of display can guarantee 144Hz or more.
  • Blick231
    Blick231 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited May 2019