Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Swift 3 - SF315-52 + corsair mp510 NVME SSD issues

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased Swift 3 - SF315-52 with 256gb ssd, and am trying to swap out the ssd for a corsair mp510 NVME SSD (480gb).

I've disabled the UEFI boot, and the first page of the bios does seem to see the new SSD.  However, when I try to modify the boot sequence options - the SSD is not there (there are no options).

When I tack on a bootable thumb drive when booting up, the drive does appear under boot sequence.  However, when I try to run through the 'install ubuntu' option - the new SSD (only hard drive in the system, I believe), is not visible.

The laptop is running bios v.1.04 and i'm currently upgrading it to v 1.08... Anything else I could try to get the new drive to appear?

Thank you all in advance,
-S

Best Answer

• slavabslavab Posts: 4 New User
    Accepted Answer
    Ok everyone - not sure what happened, but it looks like I was able to install ubuntu on the ssd.
    In the boot sequence menu, the drive simply appears as 'ubuntu' (weird).   

FAQ & Answers

• slavabslavab Posts: 4Member New User
    Just a quick update - upgrading the bios to 1.08 did nothing.  Here's the picture of the bios detecting the new SSD I want to use as primary ssd. 
    Any help would be muc happreciated
    actual picture.  oops
    Accepted Answer
    Ok everyone - not sure what happened, but it looks like I was able to install ubuntu on the ssd.
    In the boot sequence menu, the drive simply appears as 'ubuntu' (weird).